Best Overall provider
To apply for this current account
Go to the TSB website
Is this account right for you?
To open this account
- You must be aged 18 or over to apply
- You must be a UK resident, an EU national or have permission to stay in the UK for at least 12 months
- You must deposit a minimum of £500 per month into the account and register for internet banking, paperless statements and paperless correspondence to receive interest
- Direct Debits
- Mobile App
- Online Banking
- Overdraft Facility
- Standing Orders
- Switching Service
- Text Alerts
- Online Fraud
- Great for
- Earn 3% AER on your balance up to £1,500
- Earn £5 cashback every month for having two direct debit
- Earn another £5 cashback every month if you spend at least 20 times a month on your debit card, including Apple and Android Pay
- But be aware that
- To earn interest on your balance, you must pay in at least £500 every month, and register for internet banking and paperless statements and correspondence
- You can only get the monthly cashback if you opened your account on or after 1st March 2017, and if you register for internet banking. T&Cs apply. Offer ends 30th June 2018
- You must be at least 18 years old to open this account
|Balance||Introductory Rate||Follow on rate||Gross AER*|
|£0 - £1500||3.00%|
- Any interest you earn will be tax-free up to your annual personal savings allowance.
- Interest will be paid Monthly.
Overdraft Rates and Charges
|Overdraft buffer Amount||Planned/Authorised Overdraft Rate (EAR)||Unplanned/Unauthorised Overdraft Rate (EAR)|
- You will receive a £25 interest and fee free planned overdraft (subject to application and approval)
- If you have a planned overdraft, there are no overdraft fees or interest to pay if you go overdrawn by £10 or less. If you have an unplanned overdraft, you won’t be charged fees on the amount borrowed, but you will be charged interest on the full amount (including the £10 buffer).
|Other Overdraft Charges||Fee/Rate||Notes|
|Planned Overdraft Usage Fee||£6.00 / Monthly||You’ll only pay this once if you use a Planned Overdraft over your £10 buffer in your monthly billing period. If you have an interest and fee-free Planned Overdraft limit as part of your account, you will pay the £6 fee if you go over your interest and fee-free limit by more than your £10 buffer. A Planned Overdraft continues until repaid. So if you have an overdraft from the previous month at the start of a new monthly billing period, you will pay another Monthly Overdraft Usage Fee|
|Unplanned Monthly Overdraft Charge||£6.00 / Monthly||You’ll only pay this once if you use an Unplanned Overdraft over your £10 buffer in your monthly billing period|
|Unplanned Overdraft Fee||£10.00 / Daily||For unplanned overdraft balances of £25 or more. However, for balances more than £10 but less than £25 the fee charged is £5 per day. For balances of £10 or less no fee applies. You will not be charged more than eight daily fees in a monthly billing period|
|Foreign Exchange Rate||2.99% / per item|
|Foreign ATM Charge||1.50% / per item||Minimum withdrawal fee of £2 and a maximum of £4.50|
|Foreign Purchase Fee||£1.00 / per item||A 2.99% non-sterling transaction fee will also be charged|
|Returned Item Charge||£10.00 / per item||Up to a maximum of three returned item fees a day. For Direct Debits and cheque payments, TSB will give you until 3:30pm that day to add money into your account to make the payment, if there is still not enough money in your account the payment will be declined and a return item fee will apply. For standing orders and future dated payments TSB will attempt to make the payment again at 3:30pm or shortly after midnight on the next working day, if there is still not enough money in your account the payment will be declined and a return item fee will apply. If a point of sale transaction using a debit card is declined no Returned Item Fee will apply|
Operating and accessing your account
|Operating your Account||Making Withdrawals|
Mobile App Features
|Make transfers between accounts||-|
|Make transfers to other people||-|
|View transaction history||-|
|View direct debits/standing orders||-|
|Apply for new products||-|
|Use app on multiple devices||-|
|Setup payments, standing orders, or direct debits||-|
|View mini statements||-|
|Make payments to other people||-|
|Use multiple devices||-|
Mobile App features may be limited. Please refer to providers site for more information.
- This account has a Visa Debit card.
- The currency for this account is Pound.