To apply for this current account
Go to the NatWest website
If you are looking for a current account which comes with additional benefits, and has low monthly fees, NatWest’s Reward Silver account could be worth considering.
What’s the deal?
This account has a monthly fee of £12. In return for the fee, account holders get European Travel Insurance, mobile phone insurance, a free tastecard and a ticket booking service with 25% cashback on tickets for theatre, dance, opera, concerts and more.
The account comes with a £10 interest-free overdraft. There is an arranged overdraft usage fee of £6 per month, charged each time you use your arranged overdraft by more than £10.
Any agreed overdrafts are charged at an effective annual rate of interest (EAR) of 19.89%. There is a fee of £6 a day for unarranged overdrafts greater than £10 and another £6 fee for each returned item.
If you regularly travel outside Europe, the travel insurance won’t cover you, so you will need to take out separate worldwide cover. Overdraft charges are relatively steep too, so this account may not be the best option for anyone who spends most of their time in the red.
What’s the verdict?
This account is a good option for anyone looking for a packaged account which has a low monthly fee and which offers some extras that are a bit different from the norm.
Is this account right for you?
To open this account
- You must be aged 18 or over to apply
- You are a UK resident
- You must not have been declared bankrupt in the past six years
- Mobile App
- Overdraft Facility
- Online Banking
- Switching Service
- Direct Debits
- Standing Orders
- Text Alerts
- Online Fraud
- Travel Insurance
- Mobile Insurance
You will receive the following with this account:
- Earn 2% unlimited cashback
- European Travel Insurance, including winter sports for you and joint account holders
- Mobile phone insurance (including smartphones)
- Free tastecard for 2 for 1 and 50% off your bill at thousands of restaurants
- Ticket booking service with 25% cashback on tickets for theatre, dance, opera, concerts and more
Refer to provider for full terms and conditions.
- Great for
- 2% back on seven household bills with unlimited rewards if paid by Direct Debit
- Includes many lifestyle benefits such as European multi trip travel insurance, preferential rates on travel money, mobile phone insurance & tastecard membership. Account terms & conditions apply
- Ticket booking service, receive 25% cashback on tickets for theatre, dance, opera, concerts and more
- But be aware that
- £12 monthly fee
|Balance||Introductory Rate||Follow on rate||Gross AER*|
- Any interest you earn will be tax-free up to your annual personal savings allowance.
Overdraft Rates and Charges
|Overdraft buffer Amount||Planned/Authorised Overdraft Rate (EAR)||Unplanned/Unauthorised Overdraft Rate (EAR)|
- The first £10 of the arranged overdraft is interest free
|Other Overdraft Charges||Fee/Rate||Notes|
|Planned Overdraft Usage Fee||£6.00 / Monthly||Charged if you use your arranged overdraft by more than £10 during the month|
|Unplanned Overdraft Fee||£8.00 / Daily||Charged on unarranged overdrafts greater than £10 (maximum of £72 in any charging period). Monthly maximum charge for all unarranged fees: £80|
|Foreign ATM Charge||2.00% / per item||Minimum £2, maximum £5|
|Foreign Exchange Rate||2.75% / per item|
|Foreign Purchase Fee||2.75% / per item||Minimum £1|
|Returned Item Charge||£6.00 / per item||Maximum of £60 in any charging period|
|Service Charge||£12.00 / Monthly|
Operating and accessing your account
|Operating your Account||Making Withdrawals|
Mobile App Features
|Make transfers between accounts||-|
|Make transfers to other people||-|
|View transaction history||-|
|View direct debits/standing orders||-|
|Apply for new products||-|
|Use app on multiple devices||-|
|Setup payments, standing orders, or direct debits||-|
|View mini statements||-|
|Make payments to other people||-|
|Use multiple devices||-|
Mobile App features may be limited. Please refer to providers site for more information.
- This account has a Visa Debit card.
- The currency for this account is Pound.