To apply for this current account
Go to the NatWest website
If you are happy to pay a monthly fee for your bank account in return for added benefits, the NatWest Reward Platinum Account could be the current account for you.
What’s the deal?
This account has a £19 monthly fee. In return for this, you get worldwide travel insurance, mobile phone insurance, UK car breakdown cover, two family day passes to National Trust properties around the UK and tastecard Membership, which gets you two for one deals or 50% off at thousands of restaurants UK wide. You don’t earn any interest when you are in credit, but if you go overdrawn, there is an interest-free threshold on arranged overdrafts of £250.
If you do plan on going overdrawn, make sure you agree this in advance, as there is a fee of £6 a day for unarranged overdrafts greater than £10 and another £6 fee for each returned item.
What’s the verdict?
This account is worth considering providing you will make full use of all the benefits on offer, otherwise the £19 monthly fee isn’t worth paying.
Is this account right for you?
To open this account
- You must be aged 18 or over to apply
- You are a UK resident
- You must not have been declared bankrupt in the past six years
- Mobile App
- Overdraft Facility
- Online Banking
- Switching Service
- Direct Debits
- Standing Orders
- Text Alerts
- Online Fraud
- Travel Insurance
- Breakdown Cover
- Mobile Insurance
You will receive the following with this account:
- Earn 2% unlimited cashback
- Free tastecard for 2 for 1 and 50% off your bill at thousands of restaurants
- National Trust family day passes
- UK car breakdown cover
- Worldwide travel insurance
Refer to provider for full terms and conditions.
- Great for
- 2% back on seven household bills with unlimited rewards if paid by Direct Debit.
- Includes many lifestyle benefits such as Worldwide multi trip travel insurance, UK car breakdown cover, mobile phone insurance & tastecard membership. Account terms & conditions apply
- But be aware that
- £19 monthly fee
|Balance||Introductory Rate||Follow on rate||Gross AER*|
- Any interest you earn will be tax-free up to your annual personal savings allowance.
Overdraft Rates and Charges
|Overdraft buffer Amount||Planned/Authorised Overdraft Rate (EAR)||Unplanned/Unauthorised Overdraft Rate (EAR)|
- The first £250 of the overdraft is interest free
|Other Overdraft Charges||Fee/Rate||Notes|
|Planned Overdraft Usage Fee||£6.00 / Monthly||Charged when you use your arranged overdraft by more than your interest free threshold. Maximum charge of one fee per charging period (£6)|
|Unplanned Overdraft Fee||£8.00 / Daily||Charged on unarranged overdrafts greater than £10 (maximum of £72 in any charging period). Monthly maximum charge for all unarranged fees: £80|
|Foreign ATM Charge||2.00% / per item||Minimum £2, maximum £5|
|Foreign Exchange Rate||2.75% / per item|
|Foreign Purchase Fee||2.75% / per item||Minimum £1|
|Returned Item Charge||£6.00 / per item||Maximum of £60 in any charging period|
|Service Charge||£19.00 / Monthly|
Operating and accessing your account
|Operating your Account||Making Withdrawals|
Mobile App Features
|Make transfers between accounts||-|
|Make transfers to other people||-|
|View transaction history||-|
|View direct debits/standing orders||-|
|Apply for new products||-|
|Use app on multiple devices||-|
|Setup payments, standing orders, or direct debits||-|
|View mini statements||-|
|Make payments to other people||-|
|Use multiple devices||-|
Mobile App features may be limited. Please refer to providers site for more information.
- This account has a Visa Debit card.
- The currency for this account is Pound.