To apply for this current account
Go to the Nationwide Building Society website
The FlexPlus account pays interest while you are in credit, and also comes with a wide range of additional benefits, in return for a monthly fee.
What’s the deal?
The account pays an annual equivalent rate (AER) of 3.00% on balances up to £2,500. You don’t earn any interest on balances over this amount. There is also a three month fee-free overdraft and £100 fee-free limit after that. Account holders can make commission-free cash withdrawals when abroad. The account comes with several benefits such as worldwide travel insurance, worldwide mobile phone insurance, breakdown cover in the UK and EU, extended warranty cover, ID theft assistance and worldwide card emergency assistance.
This account comes at a price, as there is a £10 monthly charge – worth it if you will make the most of the perks on offer, but not if you won’t use them.
What’s the verdict?
Most current accounts don’t pay any interest when you are in credit, so the FlexPlus account is a good option for anyone who wants to earn decent returns on money held in their current account, and who will take advantage of all the benefits on offer.
Is this account right for you?
To open this account
- You must be 18 or over
- You or any other person you are applying with cannot currently be bankrupt or be in an Individual Voluntary Agreement (an IVA) with creditors
- You must be resident in the UK
- Mobile App
- Online Banking
- Online Fraud
- Switching Service
- Overdraft Facility
- Text Alerts
- Direct Debits
- Standing Orders
- Breakdown Cover
- Mobile Insurance
- Linked Products
- Loyalty Rewards
- Travel Insurance
Worldwide family travel insurance
3% AER credit interest
Extended Warranty Protection
Identity Theft Assistance
Commission free ATM withdrawals abroad
Three months fee free overdraft
- Great for
- Earn interest of 3% AER on your balance up to £2,500
- UK & European breakdown and recovery assistance, including HomeStart
- Worldwide family travel insurance, worldwide family mobile phone insurance, extended 12 month warranty on eligible household goods, fee-free overdraft for 3 months, subject to status
- But be aware that
- You'll have to pay a £10 monthly fee
- You must be at least 18 years old to open this account
- There are some exclusions and limitations to the insurance you get with this account
|Balance||Introductory Rate||Follow on rate||Gross AER*|
|£0 - £2500||3.00%|
|£2501 - no limit||0.00%|
- Any interest you earn will be tax-free up to your annual personal savings allowance.
- Interest will be paid Monthly.
Overdraft Rates and Charges
|£100.00 - £99,999.00||£0.50 / Daily|
- Three months fee-free arranged overdraft and a £100 fee-free limit after that (subject to status)
|Other Overdraft Charges||Fee/Rate||Notes|
|Unplanned Overdraft Fee||£5.00 / Daily||Charged for unarranged balances over £10 capped at £50 per month. For unarranged balances under £10 you will be charged 50p per day|
|Foreign Purchase Fee||2.00% / per item|
|Service Charge||£10.00 / Monthly|
Operating and accessing your account
|Operating your Account||Making Withdrawals|
Mobile App Features
|Make transfers between accounts||-|
|Make transfers to other people||-|
|View transaction history||-|
|View direct debits/standing orders||-|
|Apply for new products||-|
|Use app on multiple devices||-|
|Setup payments, standing orders, or direct debits||-|
|View mini statements||-|
|Make payments to other people||-|
|Use multiple devices||-|
Mobile App features may be limited. Please refer to providers site for more information.
- This account has a Visa Debit card.
- The currency for this account is Pound.