This is the best rate for balances up to £2,500
To apply for this current account
Go to the Nationwide Building Society website
Unusually for a current account, this account pays interest when you are in credit, and there is no monthly fee.
Is this account right for you?
To open this account
- You must be aged 18 or over to apply
- You or any other person you are applying with cannot currently be bankrupt or be in an Individual Voluntary Agreement (an IVA) with creditors
- You must be a UK resident
- Mobile App
- Online Banking
- Online Fraud
- Switching Service
- Overdraft Facility
- Text Alerts
- Direct Debits
- Standing Orders
- Linked Products
- Loyalty Rewards
Exclusive deals for main current account holders.
- Great for
- In credit interest of 5% AER on balances from £1 to £2,500. Conditions apply
- Dedicated switching service to personally manage your account opening
- No monthly fee applies
- But be aware that
- Minimum monthly funding of £1,000
- After 12 months the interest rate lowers to 1% AER
|Balance||Introductory Rate||Follow on rate||Gross AER*|
|£0 - £2500||5.00%||1.00%||5.00%|
|£2501 - no limit||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%|
- Any interest you earn will be tax-free up to your annual personal savings allowance.
- Interest will be paid Monthly.
- The Introductory rate is valid for 12 months.
Overdraft Rates and Charges
|£0.00 - £99,999.00||£0.50 / Daily|
- There are no fees on arranged overdrafts for the first 12 months (overdrafts are subject to approval)
|Other Overdraft Charges||Fee/Rate||Notes|
|Unplanned Monthly Overdraft Charge||£5.00 / Daily||Charged for unarranged balances over £10 capped at £60 per month. For unarranged balances under £10 you will be charged 50p per day|
|Foreign ATM Charge||£1.00 / per item||You will also be charged a non Sterling transaction fee of 2%|
|Foreign Purchase Fee||2.00% / per item|
|Paid Item Charge||£5.00 / per item||Paid and unpaid charges are capped at £35 per month|
|Returned Item Charge||£5.00 / per item||Paid and unpaid charges are capped at £35 per month|
Operating and accessing your account
|Operating your Account||Making Withdrawals|
Mobile App Features
|Make transfers between accounts||-|
|Make transfers to other people||-|
|View transaction history||-|
|View direct debits/standing orders||-|
|Apply for new products||-|
|Use app on multiple devices||-|
|Setup payments, standing orders, or direct debits||-|
|View mini statements||-|
|Make payments to other people||-|
|Use multiple devices||-|
Mobile App features may be limited. Please refer to providers site for more information.
- This account has a Visa Debit card.
- The currency for this account is Pound.