To apply for this current account
Go to the M&S website
Representative Example: 0% EAR variable on the first £100. 15.9% EAR variable thereafter.
Is this account right for you?
To open this account
- You must be a UK resident
- You must be aged 18 or over to apply
- Overdraft Facility
- Direct Debits
- Switching Service
- Online Banking
- Standing Orders
- Text Alerts
- Mobile App
Simple, straightforward, designed for everyday banking. Everything you expect from a bank account plus some nice extras. Open an M&S Current Account and you'll enjoy banking with NO MONTHLY FEE, M&S reward points for spending on your M&S Visa Debit Card, branch banking seven days a week, 24/7 telephone and internet banking as well as an automatic £500 overdraft (with the first £100 interest free). In addition, you'll receive a £50 M&S gift card if you switch using the Current Account Switch Service, plus up to £120 in gift card top ups when you stay (T&Cs apply).
- Loyalty Rewards
- Linked Products
Earn one point for every £1 spent on your M&S Visa Debit Card in M&S (in store and online) through the M&S Loyalty Scheme.
Access to the 5% AER high interest rate M&S Monthly Saver account.
- Great for
- Get a £125 M&S gift card when you use the switching service to switch to this current account, plus £5 per month gift card top up for up to 12 months. T&Cs apply
- You can also open an M&S Monthly Saver account and earn 5% AER
- Get a £100 interest-free overdraft, with a £50 buffer if you go over your agreed limit, subject to status
- But be aware that
- You must be at least 18 years old to open this account
- To get the £125 gift card, you must use the current account switch service, and you must have at least two active direct debits from the account
- To get the £5 monthly top up, you must pay in at last £1,000 every month, and you must have at least two active direct debits from the account
|Balance||Introductory Rate||Follow on rate||Gross AER*|
- Any interest you earn will be tax-free up to your annual personal savings allowance.
Overdraft Rates and Charges
|Overdraft buffer Amount||Planned/Authorised Overdraft Rate (EAR)||Unplanned/Unauthorised Overdraft Rate (EAR)|
- The first £100 of the overdraft is interest free. If you move abroad, the interest-free period will no longer apply on your account
|Foreign Exchange Rate||2.75% / per item|
Operating and accessing your account
|Operating your Account||Making Withdrawals|
Mobile App Features
|Make transfers between accounts||-|
|Make transfers to other people||-|
|View transaction history|
|View direct debits/standing orders||-|
|Apply for new products||-|
|Use app on multiple devices||-|
|Setup payments, standing orders, or direct debits||-|
|View mini statements|
|Make payments to other people||-|
|Use multiple devices||-|
Mobile App features may be limited. Please refer to providers site for more information
- This account has a Visa Debit card.
- The currency for this account is Pound.