home
in

Wireless symbol on credit card

Last post Tue, Feb 09 2010, 3:34 PM by mooreaz. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Tue, Feb 09 2010, 3:34 PM

Re: Wireless symbol on credit card

The majority of terminals are in London, but if you go onto the Barclaycard site there is a link to where there are vendors that use it. You can enter your postcode and it will show you the closest.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, Feb 09 2010, 3:19 PM

Great, thanks again mooreaz

I will have to keep a look out for a contactless payment terminal and give it a go! :-)

Milli

• Post Points: 20
  •  Tue, Feb 09 2010, 1:07 PM

Hi Milli,

So long as you report your card stolen or lost, you will not be liable and as soon as it is reported, Barclaycard would block its continued use.

From the Barclaycard site...

safe and secure payments

Just like Chip & PIN payments, you'll enjoy the same fraud protection on contactless payments. So if your card is misused by someone without your permission, you won't be liable for losses*. To be extra careful, we'll occasionally ask you to enter your PIN to complete a payment.

* You will be liable if you and any additional cardholder negligently give or provide access to the card, account or PIN details which results in those details being used fraudulently.

•  Tue, Feb 09 2010, 12:08 PM

Thanks mooreaz

Thats really helpful, an quite cool! Although, i do have concerns about fraud now! what if I loose my card or someone steals it, i'm presuming it would be quite easy for them to use it? i know they wouldnt be spending much but its still a little worrying.

Thanks again

Milli

•  Tue, Feb 09 2010, 11:02 AM

This is for conactless payments...

http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal-home/contactless/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contactless payments is all about harnessing innovative technology to save you time and effort. Integrated into your card, it means you can quickly pay for those items £10 or under like coffee or lunch without having to search around for cash. As well as being quick and easy, it’s secure, so you can shop with confidence. Just look out for the wave symbol.

• Quick, easy payments for items of £10 or under
    • Free yourself from the hassle of paying with cash
    • Just hold your card close to the reader and go
    • Enjoy the same fraud protection on contactless payments as chip and PIN transactions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•  Tue, Feb 09 2010, 10:47 AM

Wireless symbol on credit card

Hi

I have just recieved a new credit card from Barclaycard and its got a 'Wireless' type symbol on the front of it.

This maybe a stupid question but, does anyone know what this means?

Thanks

Milli