home
in

What bank account can I get with a CCJ?

Last post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 12:04 PM by Mr big. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Thu, Sep 04 2008, 12:04 PM

Re: What bank account can I get with a CCJ?

RED ARMY 2008:

AWW CAT BIT ITS TONGUE.

Bite?

Looks like MoneySuperMarket has chewed your tongue off!!!!!

Nice to have known you Red......

(chuckle!)

• Post Points: 5
  •  Sat, Aug 23 2008, 5:03 PM

I've not read all through your messages, and i know you say you don't want a normal bank account, but unless your CCJ is put down as Satisfied - you don't mention if it is or not, you won't be able to get a normal bank account. It also depends on the length of time since you have satisfied it and also the value of your CCJ that will affect whether you can get a normal bank. A better Basic account to have is the Yorkshire Bank Readycash account. The reason why it is better is because the card you get with it, is a MAESTRO card and Yorkshire bank are very understanding in terms of customer service.

My partner has a step account, he had a similar thing happen to him as you and he cannot get it upgraded. I had a readycash with Yorkshire just so that i could get things organised whilst i transferred things from HSBC who are simply awful, and because i had a CCJ issued to me during a period of time that i was seriously ill. my CCJ was for £500 and the company involved has issued a statement on the account mentioning the fact i was ill at the time and unaware that there was an issue with the account. I also paid it off relatively quickly and so it has been satifised for several years now. Within a year of opening that, I have since opened a normal account with yorkshire, and they have offered to give me an overdraft etc, which I declined as I budget carefully each month and have no need for an overdraft. However I earn slightly more than you, £25K a year and I am a teacher which is sometimes viewed more secure in certain credit checks and have a combined household income of £45.

BUT if you are dealing with money properely and have a credit card as back up, getting an overdraft is dangerous ground and seems unnessasory all you do is move your debt around, you are still paying stuff off, you should not be desperate to build your debts up again. How does capital one increasing your limit help you as they charge you a lovely rate of interest to go with it. I think you really need to focus on your debts which you are paying off and not be so eager for extra debt. There is no shame in having a basic bank account - they are so much less hassle ! ! My gut feeling from your message, is that you maybe need to focus on budgeting so you don't need to rely on an overdraft, it is simply just one more thing to pay off.

I only have small ammounts of credit on mail order( £150 on two accounts) one of which is additions which is a good account if you pay things of quickly because if you pay things off over three months you pay no interest, and my contract phone and broadband with vodafone. There is peace of mind knowing on pay day my money is mine and i don't have huge debts to pay.

•  Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:33 PM

i do live my life which is why i dont have the problems you have
  •  Mon, Aug 04 2008, 1:04 PM

Pumpkin,

As you are already with Natwest go online and try their Advantage Gold account. It does have a fee but there are lots of benefits, e.g holiday insurance, breakdown cover etc. I had a Step Ac and that's what I did to get a normal a/c with cheque book etc. (I do use all the benefits to make it worthwhile!) You may or may not start off with a solo card but after a while you can ask for Servicecard.

Hope this helps. :)

• Post Points: 35
  •  Mon, Aug 04 2008, 12:27 PM

Pumpkin, you're new here, you'll quickly learn to ignore Red Army's rather impolite and uglifying posts. If you see an all-caps subject heading, just ignore it. Of course, it's tiresome if they decide to pollute your thread with their hysterical ranting style even where you have sympathy with what they are writing. Most of us rather quickly learn not to bother engaging with Red Army.
  •  Sun, Aug 03 2008, 4:47 PM

People do far worse things in the world than type a message that may be annoying to some people!

Why worry about it so much that you have to reply in capitals which is pointless.

Concentrate on living your life and not worrying about my message. I dont think there was anything wrong in what I said, no swearing, no capitals and bold type which is rude and no threats to anybody so I really dont think there was much of an 'attitude problem'. Your a hypocrite as your attitude in that message is wrong to me!!!

• Post Points: 65
  •  Sun, Aug 03 2008, 4:12 PM

I THOUGHT YOUR ATTITUDE WAS AWFUL TOO
    • Post Points: 50
  •  Sat, Aug 02 2008, 11:26 AM

What is your problem?

Why are you bothering to message me and still continue to use capitals and bold type to get your points accross, why did you bother to send a message in the first place? Its up to me what I do with my debt and how and when I pay it, thats got nothing to do with what my orignal message was about.

•  Sat, Aug 02 2008, 11:24 AM

your touching on raw nerves with the fact at why I had CCJ in first place. Im not the only one to of had one and things happened in my personal life.

Doesnt everyone say the same thing.

Perhaps things you may not of been through therefore wouldnt understand. I was with a partner and paying my debt fine, split up, I had to to carry on paying debt with just my wage and a flat and bills came to pretty much most of what I earned each month.

Was it a joint debt if not then its not anyones problem but yours.

Its not about learning from having the CCJ that I should never have debt again. My debt wasnt that much but the monthly payments on top of keeping my home and bills etc was too much hence one nasty credit company gave me the CCJ..

Nasty company ??? id say it was a legal company just one you dont like.

I didnt run to mummy and daddy, I dealt with it all myself and am still dealing with it, I wouldnt of got CCJ if didnt split up with ex as joint income was enough to pay the debt. Dont know why I have to say all this but just because of the message I typed in first place annoyed you, you felt the right to attack me. Ive got as much right to want a normal bank account as anyone else and that was my original enquiry. You speaking to me like that which is a bit more harsh than the way my message was typed so a bit of a hypocrite there!!!

AWW CAT BIT ITS TONGUE.

I just didnt like the way you spoke to others who tried to help.

• Post Points: 26
  •  Sat, Aug 02 2008, 11:19 AM

Steady on with the bold text.

Now you know for a fact that what your saying to me is a bit unfair.

SO IS NOT PAYING YOUR DEBTS BACK and talking down to others who tried to offer advice.

I am paying the debt back, doesnt mean I cant apply for credit which I have done and been successful.

You never mentioned you were paying the debt back just that the ccj existed.

You may have got credit but i guess it wasnt a good rate.

Its just I mentioned about what account I had in my first message and your answer was to tell me about basic bank accounts for which I did not need info about.

Actually you will realise IF YOU READ POSTS that i never mentioned it ,was others.

Whats with the capitals aswell, I didnt use them in my messages.

Your point is what

My partner is on more than 15k but I didnt mention about his as im applying for credit in my name only. I know CCj effects me for 6 years, just thought as it was a long time ago and have been able to get a credit card and had a good history with my bank that I would be able to upgrade account thats all. Its not about getting as much credit as I muster it was about having a normal bank account which is erm a bank account not credit. The did I ever pay them back is a bit of a silly question because im still paying them now, I hardly just forgot about them which you seem to think I have done lol.

As you never mentioned it only that it exisited,HOW AM I TO KNOW thats why i asked the question

Chill out, no need for bold type and capitals just because you didnt like what I put in my message. I dont need to get them paid first becuase im paying them now and still been able to get credit and paying them off makes no difference to credit file.

Err,yes it does,maybe not much but a little.

Thanks for your charming message, much appreciated even though you over reacted just because I put that you didnt read my original message properly, was there any need to send that message?

AGAIN READ YOUR POSTS IT WASNT ME

•  Sat, Aug 02 2008, 11:05 AM

Ps: your touching on raw nerves with the fact at why I had CCJ in first place. Im not the only one to of had one and things happened in my personal life. Perhaps things you may not of been through therefore wouldnt understand. I was with a partner and paying my debt fine, split up, I had to to carry on paying debt with just my wage and a flat and bills came to pretty much most of what I earned each month. Its not about learning from having the CCJ that I should never have debt again. My debt wasnt that much but the monthly payments on top of keeping my home and bills etc was too much hence one nasty credit company gave me the CCJ. I didnt run to mummy and daddy, I dealt with it all myself and am still dealing with it, I wouldnt of got CCJ if didnt split up with ex as joint income was enough to pay the debt. Dont know why I have to say all this but just because of the message I typed in first place annoyed you, you felt the right to attack me. Ive got as much right to want a normal bank account as anyone else and that was my original enquiry. You speaking to me like that which is a bit more harsh than the way my message was typed so a bit of a hypocrite there!!!
    • Post Points: 50
  •  Sat, Aug 02 2008, 10:59 AM

Steady on with the bold text.

Now you know for a fact that what your saying to me is a bit unfair. I am paying the debt back, doesnt mean I cant apply for credit which I have done and been successful. Its just I mentioned about what account I had in my first message and your answer was to tell me about basic bank accounts for which I did not need info about. Whats with the capitals aswell, I didnt use them in my messages. My partner is on more than 15k but I didnt mention about his as im applying for credit in my name only. I know CCj effects me for 6 years, just thought as it was a long time ago and have been able to get a credit card and had a good history with my bank that I would be able to upgrade account thats all. Its not about getting as much credit as I muster it was about having a normal bank account which is erm a bank account not credit. The did I ever pay them back is a bit of a silly question because im still paying them now, I hardly just forgot about them which you seem to think I have done lol.

Chill out, no need for bold type and capitals just because you didnt like what I put in my message. I dont need to get them paid first becuase im paying them now and still been able to get credit and paying them off makes no difference to credit file.

Thanks for your charming message, much appreciated even though you over reacted just because I put that you didnt read my original message properly, was there any need to send that message?

• Post Points: 20
  •  Sat, Aug 02 2008, 10:48 AM

I guess people dont read messages properly.

Well arnt you a nice person ,not!!

I already have a basic bank account,

Stop repeating yourself

I dont need information about them, I know what one is and have had it for almost 3 years. I already get my credit file on a regular basis and thats how I know I have bad debt. Its obvious a CCJ effects a credit file but I guess all banks dont want to touch me with a barge pole despite the fact I earn a decent wage, have a credit card and own home etc, my CCJ was from years ago and since then I havent had any debt problems

I guess a normal account to you as with as much credit as you can muster,did you not learn with your ccj.

I would decline you for a libary card with that attitude.

15K IS NOT A GREAT DEAL EVEN IF ITS A 30K COMBINATION WITH A PARTNER.

Your ccj was when exactley 3 or 4 years ago,whatever it still affects you for at least 6 years and with the current climate and criteria changing banks will look back even further i guess.

you may feel hard done by,,tough your creditors probably do too.

did you ever pay those DEBT issues back,if not GET THEM PAID FIRST.

•  Mon, Jul 28 2008, 2:18 PM

I guess different people have different ideas about what an ordinary bank account is. Most banks will offer something that, if it's used sensibly, may in time get an overdraft and/or debit card added to it. As I mentioned above, you wont get anything more than this for now unless you want to pay loads of fees.
  •  Sun, Jul 27 2008, 10:13 PM

I guess people dont read messages properly. I already have a basic bank account, I dont need information about them, I know what one is and have had it for almost 3 years. I already get my credit file on a regular basis and thats how I know I have bad debt. Its obvious a CCJ effects a credit file but I guess all banks dont want to touch me with a barge pole despite the fact I earn a decent wage, have a credit card and own home etc, my CCJ was from years ago and since then I havent had any debt problems.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items)   1 2 Next >