home
in

Weekend car Insurance

Last post Wed, Aug 29 2007, 10:35 PM by RGB. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Wed, Aug 29 2007, 10:35 PM

Re: Weekend car Insurance

noely2007:

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I had a newish VW Gti but travel 60 miles a day so just sold it to a mate.  I have bought a runaround diesel (Peugeot 406) to get to work and back every day.  I am looking to buy something just for weekend/occasional use, would be something like a Mistibushi GTO or an Impreza or something.  I am 31 yrs old, full no claims.

Any help appreciated.

Hi Noel,

A Mitsubishi GTO or FTO should be fine. It may be just as cheap to get this on a normal insurance opposed to a classic. There are some good companies, that quote via MoneySupermarket, that will offer a competitve rate via a performance car scheme.

You may still be able to get these under 'Cherished' but you will have to fit the risk criteria. Do a quote on here and contact the intermediary/insurer to confirm correct prices before going out and buying the car!

• Post Points: 5
  •  Wed, Aug 29 2007, 10:17 PM

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I had a newish VW Gti but travel 60 miles a day so just sold it to a mate.  I have bought a runaround diesel (Peugeot 406) to get to work and back every day.  I am looking to buy something just for weekend/occasional use, would be something like a Mistibushi GTO or an Impreza or something.  I am 31 yrs old, full no claims.

Any help appreciated.

• Post Points: 20
  •  Tue, Aug 28 2007, 10:12 PM

noely2007:

Hi

I am looking to buy a car which would only be used at weekends.  I currently insure my main car which i use every day for work but want a second car as a bit of fun.  Can anybody point me in any direction with regards to best way to insure etc ?

Appreciate any help

Regards

Noel

Hi Noel,

Depending on what type of car you have, there are a few options.

If it is a Classic Car (-1990 [at a push]) you would be better off insuring this as your second vehicle based on 0 No Claims Bonus as these are used on the other car. This type of insurance is based on the year of the car and the mileage. 1500, 3000, 5000 typically. You should pick up the insurance for around the £100 mark for the year from a decent insurer.

If it is a newer car, some might suggest the 'Pay as you Drive' insurance with Norwich Union. I wouldn't recommend this at this stage because of it being in 'early stages' but others swear by it, so it is something to be considered. On some new cars, you may be able to put this with a scheme known as 'Cherished Car' (whereby this is usually relatively high value, low mileage and garaged). Best off enquiring at a broker about this.

Is this car a kit car by any chance? Come back with more details and we can point you in the right direction! :)

•  Tue, Aug 28 2007, 9:57 PM

Weekend car Insurance

Hi

I am looking to buy a car which would only be used at weekends.  I currently insure my main car which i use every day for work but want a second car as a bit of fun.  Can anybody point me in any direction with regards to best way to insure etc ?

Appreciate any help

Regards

Noel