home
in

Watch insurance

Last post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 9:14 AM by Mr big. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Mon, Mar 03 2008, 9:14 AM

Re: Watch insurance

Ask for a quote to include "out of house" insurance too....... That way you will also be covered if lost or stolen when you are on holiday, out shopping........ (self discribing really lol)
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Sun, Mar 02 2008, 10:54 PM

Thanks for the responses guys,

I'll give them a call tomorrow.

• Post Points: 20
  •  Sun, Mar 02 2008, 9:21 PM

Hi Tony

BB is right, simply add it to your contents insurance. It may, however, already be covered under your current policy and it would be worth checking your policy out first. For example, my policy covers me for jewellery - any single item - valued at less than £1,000. For any jewellery that I have valued at more than £1,000, I have to inform my insurer and they add it onto my jewellery schedule for an additional premium.

Depending on the value of the watch it shouldn't cost too much at all to 'tag' (pardon the pun) it onto your policy - that's if it's not covered already. Needless to say, ensure that you keep the receipt for the watch in a safe place, as if you ever did need to claim, you would need to produce this.

• Post Points: 20
  •  Sun, Mar 02 2008, 7:50 PM

Why not add it to house contents policy, it may not even increase the premium. BB
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Sun, Mar 02 2008, 5:54 PM

Watch insurance

Hey all,

Just wondered if anyone could give a bit of advice?

I've just been bought a Tag watch by my wife and I'd like to insure it, but unlike cars etc, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of watch insurance information.

Could anyone give me some idea of reputable firms and rough ideas of costs - the jewellers quoted my wife (who bought it for me) £200 but they neglected to tell her how long that was for...in fact they neglected to tell her much of anything about it to be honest, so I'm a bit loathe to use them.

Thanks in advance.

Tony

• Post Points: 35