home
in

Utility Warehouse Mobile contract problems

Last post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 7:35 AM by fdgdfg. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Wed, Jan 08 2014, 7:35 AM

Re: Utility Warehouse Mobile contract problems

With the improvement of technology,there are more and more electronic products appear in people's daily life.We have to admit that the mobile phone make our modern life better and more convenient.However the cell phone sometimes cause new problems and breaks up people's peaceful life.To create a quiet condition, the car mobile phone blocker can help a lot.
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Thu, May 31 2012, 10:45 AM

thanks - very interesting. Certainly my mobile contract is the most expensive I've ever had
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Thu, May 31 2012, 5:01 AM

•  Wed, May 30 2012, 10:36 AM

thank you - I suspected as much. I will be more careful in future and hope others will read these posts and take note
  •  Tue, May 29 2012, 6:56 PM

Utility Warehouse are a dishonest organisation that does not have the integrity that would be expected for them to be allowed to provide utility services in a developed country. They are only able to continue trading because the reorganisations of EnergyWatch, ConsumerDirect, etc mean that there is less effective control of the utilities businesses than there should be. You should not expect any help or sympathy from them.

Four options that are available to you are:

Arrange for a repair of the phone yourself.

Purchase a replacement phone and put your Utility Warehouse sim card into that.

Pay the early termination fee or continue the contract.

Dispute matters with Utility Warehouse. If you do this, you should be aware that Utility Warehouse will take all steps, legal and illegal, to recover money from you. This could include taking the matter to court without telling you the hearing date and/or lying under oath in court.

Being unhappy with the length and cost of the contract are not adequate reasons to dispute matters unless you were not properly informed of the details when you agreed to the contract, in my opinion.

•  Tue, May 29 2012, 10:37 AM

Utility Warehouse Mobile contract problems

I have a UW mobile phone for which I am tied into a 60 month contract (I am not sure I was made aware of this at the time, but have not evidence to prove this now). The phone is now faulty and only works when it feels like it. As I didn't take out replacement cover with the phone, and it is now two months out of warranty, UW won't repair or replace it. I can't get out of the contract unless I pay around £250 early termination fee. Also my UW tariff is very expensive as it doesn't include any free calls or texts other than voicemail or calls to other UW users, so I am paying for almost every call I make. I have spoken to UW numerous times with no success - they won't do anything to repair the phone, and won't let me transfer to a lower tariff. Interestingly, that tariff and length of contract is no longer available. Is there anything I can do to get out of the contract without paying the termination fee?

Help!