home
in

Under 18 travel money

Last post Sun, May 16 2010, 4:56 PM by SamB123. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Sun, May 16 2010, 4:56 PM

Re: Under 18 travel money

Yes, this is will definately work out! Thank you very much for your help.
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Sun, May 16 2010, 7:40 AM

maxsteam:Have a look at CaxtonFX... I'm unsure about their age limits but I would expect that something can be done with an adult co-signing an application...

From the Caxton Fx website, so nearly right...

"You must be over 18, a permanent resident in the UK, and have a UK debit card.
    You may apply for secondary cards for family members or friends as long as they are 13 or older.

• Post Points: 20
  •  Sat, May 15 2010, 10:09 PM

Have a look at CaxtonFX, FairFX and similar pre-paid cards. I'm unsure about their age limits but I would expect that something can be done with an adult co-signing an application. The charges could work out less than Nationwide.
  •  Sat, May 15 2010, 9:42 PM

Under 18 travel money

Hi,

I am going around Europe (but outside the Eurozone for some parts) in the summer for a month and I am having some trouble finding a card that I can use that doesn't have a seemingly endless amount of extra charges on it. The problem emerges because I am 16 so I am pretty limited as to what accounts banks will offer me. I was going to use Nationwide's Flex Account, but they have decided to change the account so that it won't work abroad. I intend to take a combination of travellers cheques, cash and a card if this is possible.

So, my question is what is the cheapest card for me to use abroad at my age?

Thanks,

Sam