home
in

Think Banking...

Last post Thu, May 01 2014, 3:37 PM by Steven Hewitt. 125 replies.
Page 1 of 9 (126 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Thu, May 01 2014, 3:37 PM

Re: Think Banking...

Dear Knackerjohn,

I’m sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our service. I know that you've recently spoken to a colleague and we are working to resolve this for you and sort out your budgeting.

Our customer service number has always been 08444155155 and should never be engaged. I believe you were using the incorrect number for us.

As you say our overnight processing takes place between about 5am and 7am. Your wages should always be available by 8am and we will text you to confirm this. I am sorry this doesn't fit with your work patterns.

We do have two live complaints from you, as you know when we issue our final response to those you can take them to the financial Ombudsman. We will send you details of how to do that with our final response.

Thank you

Steven Hewitt
    thinkmoney
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Thu, May 01 2014, 3:35 PM

Steven Hewitt:Dear Lank, As with all banks we work hard to protect customers from fraud and financial loss. If we see unusual patterns of transactions then we will sometimes freeze a customer's card whilst we check the transactions are genuine. This is an industry wide practice and nothing untoward. Please accept our apologies for any embarrassment or inconvenience this caused. Thank you Steven Hewitt thinkmoney

Hi Steven

If I could comment on your post..

As previously advised, I too had my card frozen two days before Christmas because of a 'large number of transactions'. Given the time of year, I would have thought that most people's cards take a battering.

With regards to security and protection, I completely understand the need to verify transactions. The issue that I personally had with this, was that at 14:00 in the afternoon, after I personally confirmed the transactions were genuine, I was told that my card would not become active again until the following day - This I found unacceptable as any 'freeze' should be lifted with immediate effect, as it is with any other bank.

Kind regards

Steve

•  Thu, May 01 2014, 3:22 PM

Dear Lank,

As with all banks we work hard to protect customers from fraud and financial loss. If we see unusual patterns of transactions then we will sometimes freeze a customer's card whilst we check the transactions are genuine. This is an industry wide practice and nothing untoward. Please accept our apologies for any embarrassment or inconvenience this caused.

Thank you

Steven Hewitt
    thinkmoney
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Wed, Apr 30 2014, 9:46 AM

Lexi:

Has anyone tried Think Banking? I'm thinking of using them for a basic bank account.

Thanks, Lex

I cannot stress enough "DO NOT USE THEM!!" They are the most incompetent "bank" I have ever used.. I already have a complaint in to the Ombudsman about them!!
    If you get paid at midnight (like most people) your money wont be available until around 7am, just great if you are a night worker or travel at night. This morning Ive tried to call them over 120 times to no avail!!

Their customer service is absolutely shocking. But at least Gregory Pennington is sitting with big fat pockets of cash!!
  •  Mon, Apr 28 2014, 7:18 PM

I've been a Think Money customer for a few years now, but after today's incident, I'm looking for a new account. My card was frozen due to high usage, but surely how much I use my card and my money is my business? Due to the nature of my job, I work away from home, and today have been left with the embarrassment and inconvenience of having my card declined whilst trying to purchase a cup of coffee, some food and a packet of cigarettes, therefore leaving me unable to have any dinner.

After spending a total of 55 minutes and at a cost of nearly £30 from my mobile, I am still unable to use my card of access my money.
  •  Mon, Apr 28 2014, 5:04 PM

Dear Kennedy,

We are aware that you have spoken to the team on several occasions over the past few days and again today. We continue to focus on resolving any issues you have raised surrounding your account. Thank you.

Steven Hewitt
    thinkmoney
  •  Fri, Apr 25 2014, 7:13 PM

Hi

Its now been over 24 hours since money was sent into
    My think money account and i still have no access to my funds. I am unable to access my money as your bank hasnt apparantly transacted the money into my account. I have done nothing wrong and i have rent to pay. This is ridiculous and if not solved ASAP i am going to log a formal complaint and take this matter to court and also complain to the financial ombudsman. I am serious and i will go ahead if not solved and if i lose my house due to rent, your company will be the ones that caused this as i have explained to your money managers many times... This is ridiculous bearing in mind we actually pay for this bank account but when it comes to sorting out issues, its a majour problem.
  •  Mon, Mar 10 2014, 8:31 PM

Email me at beowulf197628 at hotmail dot com and I will tell you something that will save you an absolute fortune! (I am legit and not some freak)

Best wishes,

CV.
  •  Mon, Mar 10 2014, 11:57 AM

Hi PetraQ,

Sorry to hear that you’re closing your thinkmoney Personal Account.

We will need to speak with you to confirm your instructions. Please can you email me your reference to info@thinkmoney.com and I’ll arrange for a Money Manager to give you a call.

Thank you

Steven Hewitt
    thinkmoney
  •  Mon, Mar 10 2014, 9:27 AM

Hello there Ian,

Could you please advise how to close the account and withdraw the funds left in the salaries account? Do I have to send a written notice or is it possible to close online? I have changed all my direct debits etc. The account is ready to close.

Thanks for your advise,
    Petra
  •  Wed, Jan 15 2014, 4:40 PM

Hi, my name is Ian and I am one of the team at thinkmoney.

Thank you for taking the time to feedback. I’m sorry to read that we may be losing your custom although we do appreciate that the thinkmoney account isn't for everyone.

Let me address each of your points in turn.

1. Although you can't check your balance at a cash machines, you can do so at any time for free via your mobile by texting "BAL" to 07786200077 (or to 81122).

2. Our Online Account Management service is mobile optimised and can be accessed from most smartphones, giving you 24/7 access to your account balances and other functionality. We’re currently working on an app and will have more news on this before too long.

3. I am sorry that you had problem with your card being frozen in the run up to Christmas. Our card security system does constantly monitor for any unusual activity patterns and when we detect a higher than usual level of use your card may be blocked whilst we check if it really is you making the transactions. However once we have established that it is then your card should be unblocked immediately. I am not sure why this wasn't the case for you. If you'd like to contact me via ian.williams at thinkmoney.com I will happily investigate this for you.

Thank you,

Ian
  •  Wed, Jan 15 2014, 12:33 PM

I joined Think Money in December 2013.

So far, I'm reasonable happy with the service. However, there have been a few things that have aggravated me..

1. Not able to check my account balance at ATM's - even if I use an RBS machine. If I then attempt to withdraw more money that I have in my account, the machine just spits out my card saying "insufficient funds". I then have to reinsert my card and 'guess' my available funds. Why can't I check my balance?

2. No banking app - In situations like the above, if I need to establish the exact amount of my available funds, I have to call Think Money for a balance.

3. On the weekend before Christmas, my debit card was frozen due to 'high usage'. Being the 21st December, is it not normal for high usage on a card? I immediately called Think Money and was told that my card would be active the next day. This simply wasn't good enough. As I was verified, my card shoyuld have been reactivated immediately! - I guess this is one of the downfalls of someone else owning your account.

To summarise, the service is ok and serves a purpose,however, having expressed my points above, I now know for sure that the account is not my own, and will be opening an alternative account. I'll just have to learn to manage my own money.

• Post Points: 35
  •  Wed, Dec 18 2013, 2:44 PM

Dear romanesque,

Thank you for your post.

As you know we are currently investigating these issues for you and I know that one of our managers has scheduled a call with you this evening.

I hope that we can achieve a satisfactory resolution for you.

Thank you

Steven Hewitt
    A member of the team at thinkmoney
  •  Wed, Dec 18 2013, 2:00 PM

Oh and i forgot to say...that most months my mobile phone bills has over £5 worth of calls to them.....this months has been over £17 which they wont refund back.....
  •  Wed, Dec 18 2013, 1:58 PM

Ive never had an issue with them until this year and ive held my account for quite a few years now. But this year they have managed to lose £400 which now has no trace, strange things happen on my statement and this debacle at the beginning of the month, they will not compensate for. I have complained and complained and i am hoping the email i have just sent may shed some light on the whole mess.
    I have had money taken off my card without my authorization and have had to issue a fraud claim against madbid.com. tm will not refund the money despite assurances etc because i authorized a payment to them 10 minutes prior.

Cheques take over 8 days to clear.

My wages are paid by faster transfer, but its random times when it gets into my account including on sundays when paid in on a friday??

My statement looks awful where TM have taken money then refunded it, then taken it, the refunded it???WTF i dont understand.

It cost 5 to replace a lost card
    My gold account was downgraded with no notification or explanation.

They always take there fee though regardless.
    I am pretty well annoyed and disgusted at the treatment i have received and have been made to feel awful by the 'account managers'
Page 1 of 9 (126 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »