home
in

Think Banking...

Last post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 9:32 AM by Steven Hewitt. 173 replies.
Page 1 of 12 (174 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Mar 13 2015, 9:32 AM

Re: Think Banking...

Dear Clarkys,

I'm sorry to hear this has been your recent experience with thinkmoney.

I've picked up your post on Review Centre and replied with contact information there for you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Steven Hewitt
    thinkoney
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Fri, Mar 13 2015, 1:37 AM

“Can't access my account after transfering a large some”

I have been with Think money for a number of years and they have provided excellent feedback, however yesterday i transfered some funds and suddenly i could not access my account and when i call i am informed it is being processed. I have spoken with FSA, Ombudsman and my solicitor and they will investigate the matter.

They have taken £4,700 of me and left me with no answer to why this is happening, i would never recommend this bank to anyone now. I used tell anyone who asked for a recommendation that thinkmoney was great but now it takes over hour to get through and they have now taken my money. I see from the reviews others have had the same problems but i will not sit here as i know the law very well.

I will see this through to a legal result.
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Wed, Mar 04 2015, 3:34 PM

I'm new to this forum so not sure how to go about this the correct way, but I just want to say that I have been a Think Banking/Think Money customer for about six years now and I think they are excellent. I've never had any problems with their customer service or accessing my money. In fact, when some of my colleagues don't receive their wages until Monday morning, mine go in early on a Saturday! So I just wanted to say Thankyou Think Money for all your help over the years and long may it continue!
  •  Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:51 PM

Hi Ca777vin,

We've picked up your Twitter message and my colleague will be in touch with you to discuss your account.

Thank you

Steven Hewitt
    thinkmoney
  •  Wed, Mar 04 2015, 12:02 PM

Same thing with me!
    Joined Think Money last month & everything was great for 5 days. On Friday i tried making a small purchase & the card was rejected. 'Coincidentally' on the SAME DAY i'm unable to login online & after waiting 20-30 mins on the phone, they tell me 'Some customers are having tech issues."

I have -FIVE-SEVEN transactions they confirm to have received but haven't allocated to my account!!!
    ..It's now 6 days, 8 calls later & i'm being given the same generic, useless response as yourself:
    "We are unable to advise you on the matter any further at this time"

I'm not sure what else to do at this stage....they won't even give me a timeframe as to when they'll contact me!
  •  Sat, Feb 28 2015, 2:02 PM

If your issue has been escalated to a formal complaint then although they may say 4 weeks the company involved actually has up to 8 weeks to either resolve the complaint or to issue a Final Response which will be their reasoning for not agreeing to the complaint.
    If you try to approach the ombudsman before either resolution or a Final Response is issued then they will just refer you back to the company until the disputed has an outcome
  •  Sat, Feb 28 2015, 9:43 AM

Hello
    My complaint was escalated to another department. I was sent a letter stating 4 weeks until it was resolved properly.
    Its been over 4 weeks and still nothing?
    I called today, sat morning but nobody could help me until monday.
    This is all taking very long!
    Not that I'm surprised, I really feel as though the ombudsman would help me more. I'll give them until weeks end.
  •  Tue, Feb 03 2015, 3:18 PM

Thanks Steve but that is no use to me what so ever.

That may as well have been an automated email response.

I don't accept your apologies because what I want is an explanation and a resolution.

Pointless email that means nothing, it wont get my mortgage paid and you have no idea of the inconvenience you have caused me.

Come back to me with an answer and stop stone walling me

•  Tue, Feb 03 2015, 2:51 PM

Dear Robbo161,

I have managed to locate your details and the team have assured me that they are investigating this for you.

They will contact you directly with an update as soon as they have one. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Steven Hewitt
    thinkmoney
  •  Tue, Feb 03 2015, 12:46 PM

Steven Hewitt:Dear Dreleigh,

I'm sorry to hear that there's been some misunderstanding surrounding your account.

Clearly this is something that we would like to look into and resolve appropriately for you.

I've picked up your email, raised a complaint and asked a Money Manager to contact you so we can complete a thorough investigation.

Thank you

Steven Hewitt
    thinkmoney

Thanks. I was contacted yesterday by TM. They're due to call me back today. I'll have to wait and see what they offer.
    If I'm not satisfied i will be taking it to the ombudsman
  •  Tue, Feb 03 2015, 9:50 AM

Just another hour on the phone with the same answer

"We are unable to advise you on the matter any further at this time"

When I asked what I was supposed to tell my mortgage company in the mean time, Lucy responded to tell them that my bank was unable to process the payment at this time.

My mortgage company is going to accept that as a creditable answer?

I don't think so.

I hope you all heed this warning, a joke of a company that because they do not have any physical branches can fob you off on the phone as much as they like, even after you spent 25 minutes on hold.

How can they legally treat me like this?

Any advise to what I can do would be much appreciated as TM are as much use as a chocolate tea pot

• Post Points: 65
  •  Mon, Feb 02 2015, 5:14 PM

I never post on these sort of sites but I have to warn people the best I can DO NOT OPEN A THINK MONEY ACCOUNT.

Last Monday I tried to log in to my account but received a message on the web site saying my account was currently unavailable, I thought that was strange so a text to get my balance, I got a text back saying "We are unable to fulfil your request. For more information 08444 155155

I called, waited the usual 10 to 15 minutes and after being transferred to a lady called Jenny, I was told that she had seen this before and that they would call me when it was resolved, I asked what exactly the problem was and she did not know.

I waited until Saturday 31st January and still no call, this time I am getting a bit annoyed so I send an email demanding an explanation to which I get a telephone response, again they do not know why this has happened but somebody will call me Monday.

This morning I get a call from a lady called Kelly, not to discuss my issues but to ask where a large deposit in to my account has come from, which I explain is from a gambling site that I often use and she says ok they will get the money transferred over, I ask again about my account and get told there is a note for someone to call me, I accept this though extremely frustrated.

I have now just received 2 text messages from Think Money explaining that 2 directs debits have not been paid due to insufficient funds, one is my mortgage payment.

I am now seething, I have more than sufficient funds, even without the deposit made this morning and now what?

My mortgage is not paid and this is from a bank who are supposed to help you build your credit score.

I am so angry and confused, where do I stand legally?

Please people read this and steer clear, I have no control over my own money and now my credit rating will be effected by the people who are supposed to help. Surely there should be some kind of repercussions?

Oh and still no phone call or written response to my email.

I am sorry if I am ranting but I am fuming while typing

Paul Robinson

•  Mon, Feb 02 2015, 3:13 PM

Dear Dreleigh,

I'm sorry to hear that there's been some misunderstanding surrounding your account.

Clearly this is something that we would like to look into and resolve appropriately for you.

I've picked up your email, raised a complaint and asked a Money Manager to contact you so we can complete a thorough investigation.

Thank you

Steven Hewitt
    thinkmoney
    • Post Points: 50
  •  Sat, Jan 31 2015, 5:08 PM

Steven Hewitt:Hi benmcdougall92,

The funds have now been credited to your account. You should have received a confirmation text.

Thank you

I have emailed info@thinkmoney in the hope to have my complaint dealt with properly as i feel rather cheated at the moment. I have been treated terribly.
  •  Sat, Jan 31 2015, 5:05 PM

maxsteam:

Steven Hewitt:

they have agreed to keep you informed with updates

Hmmm. Is that the bank's idea of a resolution? Wouldn't "sorry, we messed up and here's £50" go further?

I was offered £17 but have had £100's deducted from my account. ...
Page 1 of 12 (174 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »