home
in

Think Banking...

Last post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 12:01 PM by Steven Hewitt. 149 replies.
Page 1 of 10 (150 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Dec 05 2014, 12:01 PM

Re: Think Banking...

Dear redjelly,

I am sorry to read of your recent expereince that falls well short of the service we aim to provide at thinkmoney.

I would certainly like to review the call that you relate here (as you would expect all of our calls are recorded) and address the issues you've raised. Please can you email your reference details to info@thinkmoney.com with the approximate time of the call, so I can fully review this for you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Steven Hewitt
    thinkmoney
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Thu, Dec 04 2014, 9:28 PM

Dear benmcdougal, I too have had REALLY bad service from Thinkmoney. I rang yesterday and was on hold for 43 minutes. When someone eventually answered I said it was lucky it was a free phone number only to be told they have no such number, funny as that is the only number I have ever used but the woman argued again that I was mistaken as to the number I was reading out to her. I was then given completely false information to the point I ceased the call. I tried again today after requesting they call me I was still on hold fro 53 minutes, I actually managed to decorate my tree in this time!!! I was then put through to a woman who obviously just wanted to go home. My query was about the credit facility they offer and why I could not access it. I was told to wait for "A significant period of time" before applying for it. I have used this facility before, never missed a payment never had a late payment in fact my account is run impeccably but the point is this lady couldn't quantify what the significant period was, when I suggested I was not happy and may close my account she threatened to advise the finance department who authorise credit agreements and they would never agree to me receiving credit again, she also said she would close my account with immediate effect, thus leaving me unable to access my funds. Very poor service from a company who just don't seem to care.
    This website appears to be the only immediate way of complaining as their website only offers written or telephone complaints services, however they never answer the phone and so I can only assume that letters would go unanswered too.
    Very frustrated
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Mon, Dec 01 2014, 12:22 PM

Yes 60 odd pounds , i appreciate that obviously but unfortunately i am going to have to take it further with the ombudsman as i feel i havent benfited from the 15.00 monthly charge for the past few years and i do wish to claim this back or at least a good sum of it
  •  Thu, Nov 27 2014, 2:51 PM

Hi benmcdougall92,

The funds have now been credited to your account. You should have received a confirmation text.

Thank you
  •  Thu, Nov 27 2014, 10:27 AM

so they rung me last night and said there giving me 60 pound for the customer service issues and i check my bank this morning and it isnt there :/ yet again bad customer service :/ and im still taking it further to claim back my monthly fees.
  •  Wed, Nov 26 2014, 4:38 PM

Hi to be fair they have contacted me and are resolving the issue by the end of this week (hopefully) the woman was very polite , i just hope i get the result i want and dont have to take it further ! fingers crossed!
  •  Wed, Nov 26 2014, 11:46 AM

Hi maxsteam,

We're not saying that this is a resolution as we are still investigating the complaint . Once we have done so we will respond to the client directly. If financial redress is appropriate then we will offer it at that stage. We spoke to our customer yesterday and gave a full update on time scales.

Thank you

Steven Hewitt
    thinkmoney
  •  Wed, Nov 26 2014, 4:21 AM

Steven Hewitt:

they have agreed to keep you informed with updates

Hmmm. Is that the bank's idea of a resolution? Wouldn't "sorry, we messed up and here's £50" go further?

•  Tue, Nov 25 2014, 5:50 PM

Hi benmcdougall92,

I believe that you have spoken to my colleague today and they have agreed to keep you informed with updates on your complaint.

Thank you

Steven Hewitt
    thinkmoney
  •  Tue, Nov 25 2014, 12:40 PM

Hi i still havent received any contact back about complaint and it is now the 25th?
  •  Tue, Nov 11 2014, 2:02 PM

Dear BenMcDougall92,

We’re sorry that you feel the thinkmoney Personal Account was miss-sold to you.

I am aware that you have already spoken to my colleagues and that we are investigating your complaint for you.

It isn’t a requirement to have a thinkmoney Personal Account when you enter into a debt management plan with Gregory Pennington. However, many customers on a debt solution do find that a thinkmoney Personal Account makes it easier for them to stay in control of their finances.

As you would expect, all our calls are recorded so our Customer Relations team will be able to review all the conversations you had with us when you opened your account. They will respond to your directly.

Regards

Steven Hewitt
    thinkmoney
  •  Mon, Nov 10 2014, 2:49 PM

I would check if you can get hold of the initial call recording?

regarding mis-sold... one problem may be that it isnt seen as a bank account...

one of the reasons I went with the guys i chose was to improve my credit rating, and it has!
  •  Sun, Nov 09 2014, 11:24 AM

exactly! i mean dont get me wrong i can see how it can help some people but in the past 3 years its helped me once on a bounced direct debit, and i havent had any bills etc going out anyway , so what have i actually paid 15 a month for ? anyone whos in the same boat should claim , i was honestly under the impression i werent aloud a bank elsewhere because of my credit ratng and being young (22 now) 19 when i opened the account i just follwed there advice as i was scared
    • Post Points: 35
  •  Fri, Nov 07 2014, 11:52 AM

They insisted on you taking the account? that does seem naughty... I was offered ClearCash in addition to other "free" accounts...

regarding getting your money back, are you referring to 3 years worth of Monthly fees?

you should ask for the call recording of how it was sold!!

glad u got sorted!
  •  Fri, Nov 07 2014, 11:40 AM

LOL you are missing the point , i was on a debt managment plan with gregory pennington (part of thinkmoney) and they inisted i couldnt apply for an account elsewhere , or it would damage my credit and ruin my DMP so yeah i did wait 3 years , but when i asked for advice i then realised i could get a basic account for free even with bad credit :) and ive spoke to them and i am getting my money back which is good news :)
Page 1 of 10 (150 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »