home
in

the BEST value internet and TV package

Last post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 2:48 PM by ro_sie_99. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Tue, Feb 13 2007, 2:48 PM

Re: the BEST value internet and TV package

Thanks so much for your help!

x Rosie
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, Feb 13 2007, 10:39 AM

Hi Rosie

OK you live 758 metres from your exchange so speeds will hardly be affected by distance with an 8Mb product you can get 4-6Mb.

You can get Be broadband and Sky on LLU - both offer very fast deals and are good value. And of course any provider that uses the BT network. You can also get cable via Virgin Media but as you say speeds are slow at the lower end in terms of cost per month, (BUT you do get it without line rental).

Here are my deals which I think are right for you.

Be Lite - £14.00 a mth - 24Mb / 4Gb download cap - this is probably the one I'd go for.

Eclipse Evolution Option 1-2 - £14.99 a mth - good back up option.

Madasafish Max Broadband - £14.99 a mth - very reliable and great customer service.

I hope this helps?

Cheers

Jason

• Post Points: 20
  •  Tue, Feb 13 2007, 10:25 AM

oops - B S 6 7 B Z!

•  Tue, Feb 13 2007, 10:22 AM

Hi Rosie

I've been checking your postcode and it doesn't seem to work - are you sure this is correct?

What area are you based in?

Jason
  •  Tue, Feb 13 2007, 9:56 AM

Hello - thanks for your replies!

Yes we also were thinkin of using freeview too and just getting a internet only package? Still the line rental's gonna bump it up to around 25 quid total monthly payment? I am also thinking that 2MB isnt gonna be enough cos i know i'll want to download lots of stuff when we finally get it sorted! In my old house we had Eclipse- which seemed good service and fast. But i lived with 3 boys who totally hogged it - so we had to have a fast and expensive connection! I'm now looking for value for money, good service, and quick enough for my 'meduium' use 3 person household!

My postcode is BS7 6BZ

Thanks again!

Rosie
  •  Tue, Feb 13 2007, 8:50 AM

Hi Rosie

Thanks for your email.

In order for me to tell you the best deals I'd need to know your postcode. Can you send it pls?

For most people 2Mb is ample - personally I think you should go for at least 4Mb if you're sharing with 3 people, and as Immo says you can upgrade to the 4Mb cable product no problems.

In terms of what I use in the home, I use BT Business Broadband, not very exciting but very reliable and fast. I don't have a phone bundle in fact I never use the home landline for voice calls. For TV I use a Humax 9200 PVR with a Freeview tuner. So as you can see I'm not someone who can reccomend a specific provider I use as it's a bit geeky but there you go.

Look forward to speaking to you soon.

Cheers

Jason
  •  Mon, Feb 12 2007, 3:21 PM

You can upgrade the Cable package through Virgin for a small price and of course because there is no line rental you are already saving a large amount of money.

Despite popular belief 2mb is easily enough for most people. A normal 4 minute song will download in about 45 seconds which is pretty reasonable really. The other bonus of cable over a telephone (adsl) connection is that the connection is much more stable and less likely to give you problems.

If you are downloading films as well I would suggest you get the next package up (4mb) at a minimum, the 10mb package would be good as well and with the TV and no phone line shouldnt cost you much more than a 8mb connection through someone else with line rental on top.
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Mon, Feb 12 2007, 1:51 PM

the BEST value internet and TV package

Please reccomend the best value internet and TV package for us. Just moved in and want to set up internet - it seems if we dont go with Virgin, we will have to pay £11 line rental anyway, so for that extra cost, we might as well get cable TV instead. We dont require a land line for making calls. Virgin offer a TV & broadband only package for £20 a month ( most broadband packages + line rental add up to at lest £20 anyway!) Only problem is, its only 2Mb broadband. THere will be three people using the internet, regularly download music around 20 mp3s a week i imagine... a few films, and general surfing. not internet games. Will Virgin's 2MB package be enough speed for us???

If anyone can let me know that'd be great, this forum is really useful but theres so many out there its confusing!!

also i would like to know...

Dear Expert,

what broadband company do YOU use in your home? :)

Thanks
    Rosie

x
    • Post Points: 35