home
in

Tell me who to go with!?!

Last post Tue, Oct 11 2011, 9:33 AM by zutou. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Tue, Oct 11 2011, 9:33 AM

Re: Tell me who to go with!?!

dmanf1:

I would avoid VIRGIN MEDIA at all costs! there customer service is shocking to the point they are rude and god help you if like me you end up having to take time off work for appointments they dont turn up for, a supply that goes on and off they wont tell you why and when you finally speak to someone they tell you "ive listened to you for the past 7mins and i told you my name at the beginning!"

By all means go with whoever is cheapest but you'll need the extra money saved for therapy after tearing your hair out with them. trust me im taking the complaint now to the ombudsman!

i m sorry but i don't this is a good idea though and a bit strange ! but thanks for your post ! perhaps i will do something like you post !
    :lol:

• Post Points: 5
  •  Sat, Aug 06 2011, 5:12 PM

I would avoid VIRGIN MEDIA at all costs! there customer service is shocking to the point they are rude and god help you if like me you end up having to take time off work for appointments they dont turn up for, a supply that goes on and off they wont tell you why and when you finally speak to someone they tell you "ive listened to you for the past 7mins and i told you my name at the beginning!"

By all means go with whoever is cheapest but you'll need the extra money saved for therapy after tearing your hair out with them. trust me im taking the complaint now to the ombudsman!

• Post Points: 20
  •  Sun, Jun 19 2011, 6:53 PM

With Virgin, you would have a minimum 12 month contract and I believe 12 months from any upgrade you make. So Virgin is not great if you want flexibility.

Broadband using a fixed phone line would incur line rental and a reconnection charge, as well as the contract period charges made by the Broadband company.

If you click on the green Broadband tab on Moneysupermarket above, you will see ' how to get the best broadband deal'. If you enter the postcode of the property where you will be living, you can see the details you need to know about. There are also sites online where you can enter the postcode to check what the broadband speeds are like. There is no point paying for a higher broadband speed on non cable services, if the house is located too far away from the exchange to make it worthwhile.

Re the line rental issue. It depends on whether you already pay line rental. The broadband companies will quote a price, with or without line rental. The with line rental option is for people that either don't pay it or are looking to swap arrangement and the without line rental is for people already paying line rental, who just want to set up broadband with another company.

•  Sun, Jun 19 2011, 4:32 PM

Tell me who to go with!?!

Right, I've just moved into a new place and I need the cheapest broadband+line rental possible.I've decided to place this decision in the hands of those wiser than me (you guys!) Or if not, I'd still appreciate your input and advice.

I'd imagine the phoneline will need reconnecting as it was vacant when we moved in. I don't know if it's BT or virgin but i'd imagine bt.. (I think they're the 2 options? :S)

We don't really want a landline, but as far as I can tell you have to pay line rental anyway..

We have a 6 month contract on this place, we'll probably be here at least 9 months, maybe 12, but we really don't want an 18 or 24 month contract for either the broadband or the line rental if we can help it, we don't know what position we'll be in at this point.

We don't play online games, we use the internet a lot but only for sites such as facebook/forums etc. We also download probably up to about 15gb per week, a few films or some music, etc. We'd like it as fast as possible for as cheap as possible, but will take the cut in performance for the money.

It's the line rental that really confuses me to be honest...and I know how easy it is to fall into a trap with these things.. any help will be greatly appreciated!