home
in

Sheila's Wheels Admin Fee Warning

Last post Mon, Apr 09 2012, 8:40 PM by smiler46. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Mon, Apr 09 2012, 8:40 PM

Re: Sheila's Wheels Admin Fee Warning

Hi yes they can do if its in their terms and conditions of sale and you accepting. they probably use another company to administer their direct debits.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Wed, Apr 04 2012, 9:00 PM

Re: Sheila's Wheels Admin Fee Warning

Admin fee for changing details on Direct Debit is a new one on me. It is all done electronically these days. They just input the new details and it automatically sets up the new DD bank details for future payments.

Check with Shielas Wheels, whether they do charge for this or whether their customer service person made a mistake.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Wed, Apr 04 2012, 8:26 PM

Sheila's Wheels Admin Fee Warning

Today, I contacted Sheila's Wheels to ask them to change the bank account from which they take the monthly direct debit for my car insurance and they told me I would have to pay a £26 admin fee!

Can they do this?? I have changed around 20 direct debits due to getting a different bank account and none of the other companies have mentioned anything about charging me an admin fee.

Needless to say, I expressed my amazement at the charge to the person I was speaking to and needless to say I will be looking for a different car insurance provider when mine comes up for renewal!

• Post Points: 35