home
in

Shared ownership mortgage lenders

Last post Wed, Feb 11 2009, 8:25 PM by maxsteam. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Wed, Feb 11 2009, 8:25 PM

Re: Shared ownership mortgage lenders

siobain:can you help me ? in april i am due to apply for the homebuy scheme (the open market one) will i still need a deposit and also i have one default on my credit file will this affect me? thanks to anybody who can help

Some schemes will welcome just about anyone on board. It is important not to commit to anything until you are sure of the finance and to get an independent valuation as many schemes significantly overvalue the properties.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Wed, Feb 11 2009, 5:46 PM

can you help me ? in april i am due to apply for the homebuy scheme (the open market one) will i still need a deposit and also i have one default on my credit file will this affect me? thanks to anybody who can help
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Wed, Feb 11 2009, 11:03 AM

Dear Maxsteam,

Thanks for your advice about talking with Mortgage advisors. I'll look into it.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, Feb 10 2009, 6:39 PM

Andreas:

how I can find this out?

Talk to a mortgage advisor or two.

A lot of lenders have had their fingers burnt by the overstated valuations that usually come with shared ownership so you may find that fewer of them will want to lend to you today.

• Post Points: 35
  •  Tue, Feb 10 2009, 12:50 PM

Shared ownership mortgage lenders

I am looking to re-mortgage my shared ownership property and would like to find out which Banks and Building Societies are curently offering these mortgages.

Does anyone know how I can find this out?

• Post Points: 20