home
in

Selecting supplier for new build office and workshop

Last post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 8:44 AM by Algernon. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Feb 10 2012, 8:44 AM

Re: Selecting supplier for new build office and workshop

Sorry to hear that as I have never had any problems with them. Hope everything will be solved soon. Good luck
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Thu, Feb 09 2012, 10:00 PM

My feeling is that a lot of suppliers are just as bad as each other. My last bill from EDF had a opening meter reading that was less that the previous bill's closing reading. I'm waiting to see how they deal with it but it's a basic error that shouldn't have happened.
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Thu, Feb 09 2012, 1:48 PM

Thank you, I have heard from a few companies that they have chosen to go with EDF. MY biggest confusion has been in trying to get an MPRN number - which no-one will issue until a project is accepted. Our contractor has placed an order for meter installation with SSE (they are the primary network supplier/manager for our area) but I am assuming that we will still be able to switch our billing to another company... It is all very chicken and egg, no quote without and MPRN, no MPRN without selecting a provider!
  •  Thu, Feb 09 2012, 12:27 PM

It is always hard to select a good energy supplier. I can't give you any tips like "do that" and "don't do that" but I can advise you a business energy company I'm familiar with. It is EDF Energy, I've been their customer for ages and I can't say anything bad about them. You will get help choosing a best suitable contract. Personally I have a fixed-price contact but I know there are also flexible contacts.

•  Mon, Dec 05 2011, 2:51 PM

Thank you for your advice, unfortunately it confirms more or less what I had assumed - I shall take a deep breath and start calling around!
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Sat, Dec 03 2011, 3:08 AM

Business energy supplies need to be in an agreement or contract otherwise you will be charged silly rates. Business tariffs tend to be higher than domestic ones and they tend not to be published. All you can do is get some quotes and see who is best. None of the suppliers are particularly desirable in my view and it is not unknown for suppliers to put unfair pressure (like disconnection) on their business customers to settle any disagreement.
  •  Fri, Dec 02 2011, 11:04 AM

Selecting supplier for new build office and workshop

Can anyone give me some advice on where to start with selecting an energy supplier for our new build office and workshop. It is under construction and the developer has asked who our provider will be.

As we have been in serviced offices until now, we don't have an existing supplier. What information will companies need in order to quote? How do business rates differ to domestic price plans? Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of?

Any advice would be most gratefully received!

• Post Points: 35