home
in

Right choice insurance brokers

Last post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 12:39 PM by bonez. 45 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (46 items)   1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Mon, Sep 22 2014, 12:39 PM

Re: Right choice insurance brokers

BEWARE they illegally made me pay extra 500 pounds for my insurance, i tried to persue with financial obudsmen but i have failed because they way they RCIB words the statements/letters. I paid for convictions which where not listed anywhere on my policy or NCB. if you are paying for a policy all details you pass over to appear, however the convictions they charge me for does not.
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Sun, Sep 21 2014, 7:10 PM

Right choice insurance brokers

Agree with all said. This company should NOT be advertised on price comparison websites.

Awful policies such as huge administration fees, a phone call 2 weeks after signing a credit agreement adding an extra few hundred pounds to your premium. If you feel that is unfair and subsequently wish to cancel, a cancellation fee is also a few hundred pounds (294.90 in my case)
    During the setup process you are also bombarded with threatening text messages stating your insurance will be cancelled if you do not comply with immediate tasks.

Worst of all is how the operators on the end of the telephone speak to you. It is truly horrific. I have never been spoken to in such a way, especially from a company that has taken, and wished to continue to take my money.

Recommend to a friend??! Wouldn't recommend to ANYONE.

Subsequently went with Aviva, which was a dream to set up, and actually cheaper.

DON'T DO IT - go with a reputable company
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Sun, Oct 20 2013, 12:44 PM

Hi, I would cancel. This must be a real nightmare for people who are not insured to drive their cars. My story is this so far -

I was insured by Aviva, insurance was due, in a rush i went to go compare website, one of the cheapest was Right Choice, my partner paid - after ticking agree to the terms and conditions. Then we found out (thanks a lot for letting us know Aviva!), that we were still insured by Aviva. Hindsight and slightly stupid feelings aside, we are now trying to cancel with Right Choice. Read all the other testimonials below, they are rude, unhelpful and will only give a first name on the phone. I am suspecting that when i ring them tomorrow to see if they received the cancellation letter as an email attachment they will deny they have it, so i will have to send a recorded delivery letter. I dread to think how much money I will lose.

We are lucky - if we were not insured by Aviva right now i would have no way of knowing that i was insured by RCIB - they have / did not make any contact, have not sent any confirmation of a policy etc. I am thinking that as a policy does not exist that they cannot charge a cancellation fee! After- and depending what ever i am told speaking to them tomorrow - it may mean i contact the FSA the FOS, consumer groups and Citizens advice, go compare, money supermarket, watchdog and some newspapers financial sections etc.

So it is ongoing. I feel really sorry for anyone who has not got a valid insurance policy from these guys. Good luck with whatever you decide.

•  Sat, Oct 19 2013, 10:48 AM

hi all, i'm in the 14 cancellation day period, could you advice what shall i do now ?
    shall i cancel and pay the fees or carry on with them ?

i suspected it from day 1 but as i came from top 2 names in the market i decided to go as they will never promote them if they are not good, unfortunately i was wrong.

why they still in their search engine, we trust these websites they have to check what they are offering to people.

advice please
  •  Wed, Oct 09 2013, 3:37 PM

just done the same thing and taken out a bike policy for my son, everything you read on here is true this company is a shower of ***, i just wish i had read on here before.....why does this site let them advertise though with such a high complaint rate?????? stay well away.....if i lived anywhere near the soft southern basterds id be there like a shot and heads would roll.................
  •  Wed, Jun 19 2013, 8:43 PM

Yesh:

I searched on Moneysupermarket for car insurance. I got the cheapest quote from RIGHTCHOICE. I filled the form and payed online and thought the insurance started on the next dat at 00.00 hrs as I requested. After I payed the money there was a message that someone will contact me the next day to confirm my details. Next day I had a phone call from one of the first choice agents. He went through all the details I have given to them online and then said that since my address is in the Northeast, my premium will go up by further 150 lbs. I was at my workplace and panicked that my car is not insured if I say no and agreed and paid another 150lbs. But after getting the policy, I felt cheated into taking the policy as I would not have gone to them if they have not come as the cheapest quote on the first instance.

I searched for reviews about this company and found other people had similar issues with them. I called them within the 14 days of reciept of the policy and asked them to cancel my policy. The chap who spoke to me advised me that probably it is not the best thing to do to cancel the policy as I may lose more money and better continue with them. I told him that I am cancelling within the 14 day period and the policy they sent me only states a minimum charge of 45 pounds. He said it could be upto 200 lbs. I was so angry to trust my car insurance with such a company with no moral and ethical values that I asked them to cancel my policy anyway as I preferred losing money than to take a policy from someone who cannot be trusted to pay if any claims may arise in future.

I felt cheated and wrote a mail to the customer services of Moneysupermarket bringing to their notice, the unfair practice of this company. Eventhough Monaysupermarket boasts of giving an answer within 48hrs on its complaints page, nothing happened even after 2 wks. I was charged 390 lbs for cancellation. Can anyone please let me know who can I seek help for this injustice. I warn other users to avoid this company RIGHTCHOICE

Brand new victim!

I went to a compare the market to get a low quote from rcib they then reversed 202 pound of my
    Quote supposedly and then immediately charged the same amount according to my bank RBS

Beware people i am now 202 pound out of pocket a mr hudson of this company clamed to be the
    Sales manager, stakeholder and cmplaints a one size fits all guy he must be a robot!

Have reported to tbe fso and fuming at my loss am mentally ill and redundant too!
  •  Tue, Dec 04 2012, 1:11 PM

Right choice insurance

Please do not give your money to these people. From the moment I paid my money to these utter cowboys, I was made to regret it. As soon as you've paid they will begin threatening to fine you and cancel your policy. The customer service is probably the worst you'll ever receive. The service is so bad, and the threats so abrupt and aggressive, that you'll try to leave them. But you won't be able to do that because they'll point out that the small print specifies that leaving them will cost you almost as much as it does to insure your car for a year. So you put up with it all and at least you have insurance, that's what you've paid for after all. Except sometimes you don't. About half way through my contract with Right Choice I was pulled over on the motorway by the police who asked me why I was driving without car insurance. Obviously I was very suprised at this and showed the officer the emails from Right Choice that indicate that I was insured. I then called Right Choice who said this was an administrative error on their part.
    So please please don't give them anymore money.
    Mind you, if you'd like to chat with young men from Essex who sound like they hate you and want to smash your face; this is the firm for you!
    • Post Points: 35
  •  Mon, Oct 15 2012, 12:55 AM

Thank you, i am another victim of Right choice

I insured with them in march, after the 6 months, they sent me a letter, i have not provided with no claim bonus, they gave me a notice that they would cancel my policy in week, as soon as i heard this threaten i went to my previous company Tesco, they were happy to provide.
    however, the customer service of RCIB was bloodily rude, i sent them my policy number to RCIB, after four days, i contacted RCIB to check, they inform me that my insurance was cancelled. even though i provide my no claim bonus.

What do you suggest me to do i am really frustrated with stressed out with RCIB ?

i need a solution to get money back, i can not drive any more without insurance !!!
  •  Wed, Sep 26 2012, 5:26 PM

Can some check and see if this is corecct way to address this letter

Sales Manager

3 Redwing Court Business Centre

Ashton Road

Romford

Essex

RM3 8QQ

Dear XXXXXXX

Policy No. PC/xxx/xxx

I have bought a policy from your company in 2011, annual car insurance. My online quote was £1284.64 Web Reference: RC-xxxwhich I paid online. However promptly I received an emailing stating,

Hello Mr xxx, thank you for buying a policy online with Right Choice Insurance, please contact us as soon as possible on 01708 336500 as you will NOT be insured until we speak with you, thank you

Once I did make the call I was told that I have entered incorrect information as my driving conviction TT99 was not enough. TT99 is a disqualification from totting up points, for example instead of mentioning 2x 6 points of no insurance it gets replaced with TT99. Your sales person made me believe my information was incorrect and included extra convictions with false dates and made me agree and was charged up to £1900, This was not even included on my insurance certificate. Under consumer law I want the difference paid back to me from my original payment I made online of approximately £500 refunded. I have stated my complaint with FSA and BBC Watchdog and Financial Ombudsman Service.

I am awaiting your written response within 14 days before taking further action.

Yours Sincerely

xxx

• Post Points: 50
  •  Mon, Sep 10 2012, 1:41 PM

Find the right choice insurance Brokers which can provide you car insurance, home insurance, pet insurance, life insurance and cheap insurance quotes online .
  •  Tue, Aug 28 2012, 8:41 PM

OP please read these links which make in effect mean the RCIB are liable for any information that is not transferred over correctly from the Comparison site. They're from the FSA who are responsible for regulating RCIB, refer them to these and if they don't play ball report them to the FSA and let them kick a$$

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/product_news/insurance/price_comparison/index.shtml

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/product_news/insurance/price_comparison_guidance/index.shtml

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/guidance/fg11_17.pdf
  •  Tue, Aug 28 2012, 8:32 PM

You dont have to wait to the end of your policy to make a complaint, and they cant with hold you NCB just because you making a complaint against them.

Any advertised quote will generally be incorrect, when they call to confirm details they will almost always need to find something to increase the price no matter how small, and no the system captures the details correctly, its just prices quoted are generally a lot lower than others, and its prices that policies can not be sold at, so they have to find something to make the increase to the price they can sell at. Its then if you want to cancel, that they quote you charges and cancellation fees. And will almost certainly tell you that by the time you have paid the cancellation fees etc its not worth your while cancelling.

Ask yourself, do the big companies like Admiral, Direct Line, Aviva use such tactis? Probably not

•  Tue, Aug 28 2012, 9:47 AM

huckster:
    bonez:

Some one should look into this and actually do them properly. I contacted watchdog recently but got no resposne. I think everyone should contact watch dog about this company and FSA

Which company do you contact? FSA or FOC???

FSA, but you would need to see if you can email the team there that look into such issues. The FSA consumer contact people will tell you that they don't deal with individual consumer complaints, which is correct. For an individual complaint you would need to contact the FOS. But the FOS would never address whether RCIB were not following the rules expected by the FSA on a regular basis.

I have contacted FSA, they sent me a complaint form and have asked if I have already gone through the complaint system of the company. So I am still waiting for my insurance to end and recieve my NCB then I will start my complaint

•  Mon, Aug 27 2012, 11:44 AM

bonez:

Some one should look into this and actually do them properly. I contacted watchdog recently but got no resposne. I think everyone should contact watch dog about this company and FSA

FSA, but you would need to see if you can email the team there that look into such issues. The FSA consumer contact people will tell you that they don't deal with individual consumer complaints, which is correct. For an individual complaint you would need to contact the FOS. But the FOS would never address whether RCIB were not following the rules expected by the FSA on a regular basis.

•  Mon, Aug 27 2012, 11:22 AM

Page 1 of 4 (46 items)   1 2 3 4 Next >