home
in

Refund on Credit Card

Last post Tue, May 04 2010, 9:45 PM by maxsteam. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Tue, May 04 2010, 9:45 PM

Re: Refund on Credit Card

I don't think it's legal. If you normally use a credit card regularly, it's not worth making a fuss but if you want to push them into a corner, you could ask about what they would do with the balance if you cancelled the card.
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, May 04 2010, 8:50 PM

Refund on Credit Card

Missed holiday to Turkey on April 16 due to volcanic ash. Thought we may have issues getting full refund but Jetsun our travel agent were great and we received a full refund £1200 near eneough. But........we paid by credit card, Bank of Scotland Mastercard, and as this was card we paid by, Jetsun refunded our money there. Excellent I thought. We had already paid this amount off the card back in February and when I went to my bank, today Tuesday May 4 they say they have no way of transferring this money back to my savings account which is where we originally paid the bill from. They say I have two options, leave the money on my credit card ballance to pay future purchases or they will give me a cash advance of the amount (from my money lying in the account) and charge me the appropriate rate for cash withdrawals on a credit card(I believe about 29% at present) I think this is absolutely shocking. I have paid and lost airport car parking fees,holiday insurance and transfers in turkey and now the bank wants to rip me off. Due to recent issues with cancelled holidays many people must be in this situation. Is this legal?????

Bob davidson

• Post Points: 20