home
in

Reallly need help ASAP :'(

Last post Fri, Apr 20 2012, 3:48 AM by maxsteam. 27 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (28 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Apr 20 2012, 3:48 AM

Re: Reallly need help ASAP :'(

chezzaathome2:

once again sorry for my typing mistake chezza

No offence taken here too. Have a good one :)

• Post Points: 5
  •  Thu, Apr 19 2012, 10:54 PM

chezza - Absolutely no offence has been taken whatsoever. On the contrary, it has certainly brightened up my day and made me chuckle, this is apparently the case with the others also having had a good laugh at our expense.

As a teenager I once worked serving behind the bar in our local working mens club, so I suppose I could accurately state that I have been a barsteward in the past.

•  Thu, Apr 19 2012, 9:16 PM

well Zeb and Huckster

i hope i brought i smile to your faces when you read my thread, i'm really sorry it was a genuine typo my maths is worse than my english so you can imagine what that is like. sorry if i offended not my intention too just had good advice from you all in the past and wanted to make a point, once again sorry for my typing mistake

chezza
    • Post Points: 35
  •  Thu, Apr 19 2012, 8:09 PM

eastleighjim:

For a DRO your total debts have to be less than £15,000 and you have no assets and no surplus income. All of which apply to Mam89..

It may be that a debt relief order is appropriate but the requirements are a little more complicated than that eastleighjim. For example, you are not eligible if you own a vehicle that's worth more than £1000 or if you've already had a debt relief order in the last six years. I do agree that it is possible that Mam89 will qualify but it is also possible that Mam89 lives in Scotland. From the information posted, it is impossible to be certain.

My personal feeling is that the one appropriate step for either Mam89 or anyone advising her to take would be to contact the creditor, explain the situation fully and see if an arrangement can be made that both sides will accept. The chances of reaching agreement on this will be greater if the approach is made by one of the charities mentioned and it is important that any agreement is clearly recorded in writing. If this approach doesn't produce a satisfactory result, other options can be considered.

It would be an extremely bad idea for Mam89 to start saying that she's been professionally advised to get a debt relief order if she lives in Scotland (similar arrangements are available but nothing called a debt relief order). Such a step would just make her look foolish and it would mean that any creditor or adviser would consider her dishonest and unreliable.

•  Thu, Apr 19 2012, 1:30 PM

Zeb:

chezzaathome2: i usually take advice from the threads of maxsteam, huckster and exterminator who i no are illegitimate.

Poor guys...I wonder if they ever knew about this........

I think you meant to say Legitimate.

You have implied that they do not know who their daddy is :)

Hang on a minute. Just checking my Birth Certificate. Thank god for that. My next call was to the Jeremy Kyle show !

• Post Points: 20
  •  Thu, Apr 19 2012, 1:02 PM

chezzaathome2: i usually take advice from the threads of maxsteam, huckster and exterminator who i no are illegitimate.

Poor guys...I wonder if they ever knew about this........

I think you meant to say Legitimate.

You have implied that they do not know who their daddy is :)

•  Thu, Apr 19 2012, 10:50 AM

Hi Mam89

i'm no expert and can only speak from current experience but i too am in debt with different circumstances to yourself but i choose national debtline who have been a godsend they are a free registered charity who give good sound advice. this is my personal experience and have found their advice very beneficial and helpful and it has secured me direct arrangements to pay with my creditors at no extra cost to me to set them up other than a few registered letters i had to send.

personally i would be careful who's advice you follow on here as to me it seems some threads indicate you could end up in a situation you do not need to be in, my debt is much higher than yours and not once was i advised a dro, i usually take advice from the threads of maxsteam, huckster and exterminator who i no are illegitimate, again this is my personal opinion and i not not mean offence to other posts on here.
  •  Thu, Apr 19 2012, 9:43 AM

You obtain a Debt Relief Order by phoning an authorised institution like the CAB. The person you speak to isn't "qualified" in anything other than answering the phone. No "evidence" is required only that you confirm that you owe more than £750 and can't pay it. For a DRO your total debts have to be less than £15,000 and you have no assets and no surplus income. All of which apply to Mam89..

Only if creditors can provide evidence that what you have said is incorrect (e.g. you owe more than £15,000) will a DRO be revoked.

•  Wed, Apr 18 2012, 11:06 PM

I have to offer a small amount of support to Jim. Normally he just tells the OP to go straight for he IVA. At least this time he is considering other options before giving poor and incorrect advice
  •  Wed, Apr 18 2012, 8:34 PM

I think what eastleighjim is suggesting is that the OP approaches an adviser and asks for "one debt relief order and a coffee please".
  •  Wed, Apr 18 2012, 6:49 PM

A bit puzzled. How can you obtain a DRO without going through an application with someone qualified and provide whatever evidence that may be required to support the application ?

•  Wed, Apr 18 2012, 3:42 PM

eastleighjim:Sorry but she has taken advice and the advice is to apply for a DRO.

Please can you point to the relevant part of this thread eastleighjim. As far as I can see, Mam89 has only written one post and there's no mention either of taking advice or of debt relief orders there.

•  Wed, Apr 18 2012, 3:36 PM

eastleighjim: Sorry but she has taken advice and the advice is to apply for a DRO.

Hmm - Only further irresponsible advice from you Jim on how to tell lies it would seem. That is not the appropriate or recommended advice for any contributor to provide on this forum, neither is it advisable for any reader to follow such 'clap-trap'.

To the OP - whatever you do for your own personal interests and benefit, do first take some qualified and independent advice and be totally frank and honest about your situation, very importantly never mislead or tell the advisor lies when discussing your problem.

•  Wed, Apr 18 2012, 3:27 PM

No the only solution is an insolvency solution of which the DRO is the right one for Mam89. An informal arrangement is not a solution it is a way for the financial institutions which pay you to recover something for them rather than what is right for Mam89.
  •  Wed, Apr 18 2012, 3:20 PM

Sorry but she has taken advice and the advice is to apply for a DRO.
Page 1 of 2 (28 items)   1 2 Next >