home
in

Quick advice for credit card option

Last post Sat, Mar 28 2015, 3:16 AM by maxsteam. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Sat, Mar 28 2015, 3:16 AM

Re: Quick advice for credit card option

Hey, you are working with a £30k - ish salary. wtf are you doing looking for £700 of credit?

Is there any good reason why you can't just save up £700 and make the purchase? I'm sure that a discount is likely on the £700 if you can say that the cash can be in your pocket.

It's always worth looking at other options before taking anything out with Santander.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Wed, Mar 25 2015, 4:09 PM

Quick advice for credit card option

Hi all,

I'm looking to make a purchase of around £700 in the next few weeks. I can currently afford half the cost but thought I would apply for a credit card to boost my credit score.

I'm 24, living at home. Previously was a private tenant. I have never had any debt, don't possess an overdraft on my current account and have never missed a direct debit. I'm self-employed and currently earn under 30k. Last time I checked my experian report it was very good and there have been no financial worries since.

I'm also traveling to Europe soon so I'm looking get a card that is free to use abroad. I just wondered what experience people had with the vast array of options out there?

I was looking into the Santander 1-2-3 credit card but I ran the test on here to check on my chance of acceptance and it was the only card that had a low score.

So to summarize - I'm looking for a card with 0% on spending for as long as possible and no charges for using abroad. Any other benefits would be a bonus.

Hope you can help.

Regards,

Jay

• Post Points: 20