home
in

Problems with new AOL webmail

Last post Mon, Jul 30 2007, 10:59 AM by Miziara. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Mon, Jul 30 2007, 10:59 AM

Re: Problems with new AOL webmail

Hi

I have had the same problem for the last couple of weeks whilst I am on holiday on the continent using a friend's computer and trying to sign in through aol.com or aol.fr. However, today I decided to try signing in through aol.co.uk and it has worked with no problems. Perhaps it will work for you - give it a try. Good luck

• Post Points: 5
  •  Mon, Jun 11 2007, 1:03 PM

Thanks for your comments - I couldn't agree with you more but it is my husband's account that he has had for about a decade now and he is so reluctant to give it up as everyone knows his email address etc and it is printed on stationery etc. I've been telling him for years to ditch AOL as they are a law unto themselves and compatible with nothing! I think even he is close to agreeeing after this latest fiasco.

He has been travelling for 3 months and I was opening his mail 3 times a day up until May 24 when AOL launched the new suite which does not work.

If I could be certain that (a) they will resolve this issue and (b) we could leave and then sign up for a free webmail account using the same screen name, I would jump at it.

We also have the minor issue of 206 emails to pick up before bailing out! 

Knowing AOL I just bet they have a moratorium on you using your old screen name to set up a webmail account (just out of spite!) 

:-) 

• Post Points: 20
  •  Mon, Jun 11 2007, 12:05 PM

aivlys:

Since AOL launched it's new webmail suite we have been completely unable to access any webmail using IE7, IE6, Safari or Mozilla Firefox. We've even tried accessing via classic webmail and the old suite without any success. AOL, of course, say it is not their problem as we are trying to access it on the web and therefore not using their software. Does anyone have a clue how to resolve this issue please?

How close are you to being out of your contract period? I'd get rid of AOL to be perfectly honest. The whole idea of AOL is ridiculous.

The whole idea of broadband is getting a box, plugging some power into it, plugging a phone cable into it and having the internet at the end of the USB or Ethernet cable. To need software and a non-browser to access the internet is silly.

I'm sorry I can't offer any better support than that but AOL is not for anyone but the most basic of users and judging by the fact that you know the difference between IE6, IE7, Firefox and Safari I'd say you're not this type of user.

•  Mon, Jun 11 2007, 10:57 AM

Problems with new AOL webmail

Since AOL launched it's new webmail suite we have been completely unable to access any webmail using IE7, IE6, Safari or Mozilla Firefox. We've even tried accessing via classic webmail and the old suite without any success. AOL, of course, say it is not their problem as we are trying to access it on the web and therefore not using their software. Does anyone have a clue how to resolve this issue please?