home
in

Pre-paid card for non-UK resident?

Last post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 12:01 AM by MarcusG. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Tue, Jan 19 2010, 12:01 AM

Re: Pre-paid card for non-UK resident?

i think if your girlfriend has a valid ID (even if not UK) then she can apply...
    • Post Points: 35
  •  Sun, Dec 13 2009, 7:12 PM

Hello!

I know just one prepaid card for online shopping, which doesn't need any personal details at all. It is called paysafecard and anyone can get it. You can find the list of the nearest retailer on their homepage (just google it), normally, it's your local news agent. There are different paysafecards available (£10, £25, £50 or £75) and you can use it for different transactions until there is no money left or combine your payment with another card if there's not enough money on your paysafecard account. You didn't write what exactly does your girlfriend want to buy (I don't insist, it's a private thing :) ), but I must say that this prepaid card is good for those, who like online games, use Skype phones (to top up the account) and stuff like that. You can't use it for ebay or online fashion shops and in-store purchases.

And talking about online shopping - PayPal is accepted almost everywhere. You could create an account for your girlfriend and upload some money for her online shopping. She wouldn't need any credit or debit cards for that at all. And paying cash in 'real' supermarkets is not a big deal, I guess.

Good luck,

FreakyMe.

• Post Points: 50
  •  Fri, Dec 04 2009, 8:47 PM

I've used one by debenhams in a similar situation.

Search on Google for debenhams pre-paid credit card and sign up online

• Post Points: 35
  •  Tue, Dec 01 2009, 10:44 AM

Pre-paid card for non-UK resident?

Hello,

If someone could help or perhaps point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.

My girlfriend is Romanian and is staying with me in the UK for a number of months. Being an EU citizen and not a UK national I think it may be difficult getting her own pre-paid credit card so she can load money onto it and do as she pleases - make online and in-store purchases etc. No registered address, so no proof of address as such, no utility bills to show etc.

Is there a way we can get a pre-paid card in her name? Saves me making purchases on my own cards and her paying me the cash, which she prefers not to do. I considered getting a pre-paid card in my name, which wouldn't be a problem and letting her use it, but that's not ideal.

Any info on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

• Post Points: 65