home
in

Parking fine out of blue

Last post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 12:15 PM by Builder dave. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Mon, Sep 16 2013, 12:15 PM

Re: Parking fine out of blue

There is also a theory that these "penalties" are not enforceable in that they do not relate to any real loss. Do a google search.

The debt cannot legally be enforced unless the court has ruled on it.

If you get nowhere with UKCPS require them to take you to court.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Sun, Dec 23 2012, 10:22 PM

Re: Parking fine out of blue

Suggest writing directly to UKCPS asking for evidence, as you do no recall using the car park mentioned and have had no previous contact regarding any alleged fine.

Important to keep a copy of the letter and to send by recorded. These companies send out these invoices for these private parking issues, but they do not always pursue. Still you cannot ignore and need to write to them asking for their evidence.

• Post Points: 20
  •  Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:35 PM

Parking fine out of blue

Hi,

I have received a letter from debt recovery agency "Court proceedings limited London" for debt regarding parking fine on private land. The fine is of £120 and is regarding overstaying at car park on 22 Oct 2012. I have never received any notice from parking company (UKCPS) neither do I recall if I have parked there on that day. The letter is a surprise for me. Should I talk directly to the parking company and inquire about it or the debt recovery company? Can I challenge this parking fine or complain about it? What is the best way to deal with it as this is the first time I am faced with such an issue.

Thanks

• Post Points: 20