home
in

No Claims Discount for Ex Company Car Driver

Last post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 9:26 AM by ryvbk. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Aug 24 2007, 9:26 AM

Re: No Claims Discount for Ex Company Car Driver

Get a letter on headed notepaper stating that you had sole use of a company car for pleasure use only and that you have had no claims for the period, that you will lose this benefit on such a date.

Then contact a local insurance broker - there are several companies in the broker market who will give you a large introductory bonus of up to 60% - your broker will know them.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Fri, Aug 24 2007, 9:24 AM

Re: No Claims Discount for Ex Company Car Driver

wealthytoughlad:

If I could get a letter from my previous employers Transport Manager would this be of any use? 

Yes this should help. Tell your insurers that you have had this experience and can prove it, they should take this into conisderation when conjuring up your premium...

JJ

• Post Points: 5
  •  Fri, Aug 24 2007, 9:17 AM

No Claims Discount for Ex Company Car Driver

I have been driving a company car since 2000 but need to get a private car from December 2007 as I am leaving my present employers. Although I have not made a claim on my company car insurance during this period I have no proof to enable me to get any No Claims Discount.

Is there anything I can do to get a discount on the premiums being quoted? 

If I could get a letter from my previous employers Transport Manager would this be of any use? 

• Post Points: 35