home
in

Newbie - Can I easily get the costs of elec and gas per unit to compare with?

Last post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 3:48 PM by oldhenry. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Tue, Dec 13 2011, 3:48 PM

Re: Newbie - Can I easily get the costs of elec and gas per unit to compare with?

If I were you I would ignore these 'swapping' sites that get a payout for each sucker tempted in. Go to the provider sites and look at the actual unit costs for the tariff. Make a spreadsheet with the prices on and calculate the annual sum. You may have to estimate usage based on the last house, or a friends if it your the first property.

I recomend you look at OVO as well as they are a very straightforward supplier from my experience but often do not figure on 'copmaprison' websites. They show unit costs and you can calculate an annual sum and get teh monthly equivalent. they pay interest as well if you overpay each month and you can enter your monthly us on line.

I have no connection with OVO apart from being a customer of a few years.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, Dec 13 2011, 10:37 AM

Newbie - Can I easily get the costs of elec and gas per unit to compare with?

Ok probably a newbie question.

Moving into a new house, so I don't have any history of bills.

All I can see are calaulators for swapping providers, but for new sign-ups can I find the costs of the elec and gas for unit?

i.e. if buying a petrol, you can see the prices at different stations and choose accordingly.

Cheers

• Post Points: 20