New electicity supply for New Build

Last post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 11:18 PM by conmankiller. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Thu, Jul 31 2008, 11:18 PM

    Re: New electicity supply for New Build


    Hi -- From what I gather you can use a ICP (independent connection provider) of your choice providing they are licenced and accredited with NERS (national elecricity registration scheme) to carry out work on laying new cables and connecting to the national grid.

    I enclose a list of qualified contractors with the accreditation showing which areas they cover, it can't harm to contact the nearest companies to you and ask them for quotes, their contact details are to the top right of their individual details box.


    A firm called CE electric UK handle new connections for YEDL & NEDL, so EON cannot have the monopoly. I am not surprised they went quiet though when you asked their estimates manager that question. !


    • Post Points: 5
  •  Thu, Jul 31 2008, 9:54 PM

    New electicity supply for New Build

    Can you tell me if I am limited to getting a quote from EON for a new electricity supply please? I have received a quote from them for £5019 for a new supply, the cable will have to come up the new drive for a distance of approx. 50 metres. I asked them if it was possible to supply a new quote for the supply to come to a meter at the bottom of the drive, this came out at £2860. I cannot find out if I am able to get a quote from anyone else or if EON are the only supplier. I did ask their estimating manager this question but they were reluctant to give me an answer. I cannot believe that they have the monopoly for providing us with a supply. Can you give me any help with this matter please?
    • Post Points: 20