home
in

Mystery eBay item...

Last post Mon, Oct 17 2011, 5:27 AM by zutou. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Mon, Oct 17 2011, 5:27 AM

Re: Mystery eBay item...

it seem that the similar problem happens often recently , something wrong ?
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Mon, Sep 19 2011, 11:36 AM

i would ring paypal
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Mon, Aug 08 2011, 1:15 PM

Forgot to mention that I contacted them yesterday and as far as they're concerned the transaction has been completed and they see no problems with it on their system. Like I said, he has the money, but it didn't come out my bank!
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Mon, Aug 08 2011, 1:10 PM

Contact paypal.
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Mon, Aug 08 2011, 11:46 AM

Mystery eBay item...

Hi one and all, ok something really odd is going on with an item I bought on eBay on Thursday, I just want a few questions answering regarding it...

I bought an electric stand mixer for my wife on Thursday on eBay for 200 quid. As soon as I'd agreed to buy it, I paid for it via paypal and the money was debited from my account (my available balance was showing as 200 quid less, it obviously hadn't cleared yet). Saturday morning rolls around and my available balance had gone back up by 200 quid, making me believe something had gone wrong with the processing of the payment. So I contacted the seller and he said that the money had been debited to his paypal just fine and the transaction was completed, and sure enough my paypal said the same. So I rung my bank, Natwest, and the lady told me that there was no transaction pending for 200 quid and it had completely dropped off the system. I thought maybe by today it would have gone through, but it hasn't and I called Natwest again and they told me there's no record at all of that transaction. I e-mailed the seller again to make absolute sure the money had gone through and it is DEFINITELY in his paypal and he's posted the item today. So! Am I going to basically get this for free?! Is it actually possible for Natwest to botch the payment and credit him but not debit me? It seems impossible, but according to Natwest it definitely isn't going to process.

Thanks in advance!

• Post Points: 35