home
in

motor trade insurance - no claim discount

Last post Fri, Jun 26 2009, 8:30 PM by dacouch. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Jun 26 2009, 8:30 PM

Re: motor trade insurance - no claim discount

In actual fact very few companies will accept no claims bonus proof from a motor trade policy.

I would recommend you try gettinga quote from the same company that insured the motor trade policy, or try a broker oryou can try brokers. HOWEVER it is very important you tell them and get them to accept (Take a note of the persons name and date / time) that it is motor trade no claims bonus.

Huckster ask at your work if they will accept no claims bonus from a motor trade policy, you may get a surprise

• Post Points: 23
  •  Fri, Jun 26 2009, 9:53 AM

Re: motor trade insurance - no claim discount

Hi

I would approach the Motor Trade Insurance company for a letter confirming no claims made during the 18 months. This together with No claims discount proof from the previous private car Insurance should be adequate. When phoning if your husband explains the situation and confirms that he can provide this written proof, most Insurers should be ok.

Huckster

• Post Points: 20
  •  Fri, Jun 26 2009, 4:08 AM

motor trade insurance - no claim discount

For the last 18 months my husband had a motor trade insurance covering all his company and private cars. Now he's closed his garage and returned his insurance certificate, and has started looking for a new car insurance policy.

Is it true that he's lost his no claim discount he had gained in previous years? Please help...

• Post Points: 20