home
in

Mortgages for over 50's

Last post Tue, Apr 29 2008, 4:51 PM by anya2. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Tue, Apr 29 2008, 4:51 PM

Re: Mortgages for over 50's

Once again, great advice.

Thanks alot, let you know how I get on.

Regards

• Post Points: 5
  •  Mon, Apr 28 2008, 9:39 PM

I and many other advisers suggest you look for someone local, that is independent and fees free. I would advise your local yellow pages for a broker that is down to earth and not hiding behind a telephone, you will find out yourself much quicker that a face to face meeting is always advisable and so much easier for the adviser to explain the options. The best shared ownership lenders are Nationwide, Abbey and Halifax if you decide to seek information yourself but much easier and hopefully less stressful through a competent broker.
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Mon, Apr 28 2008, 9:25 PM

Many thanks for your reply, I will advise there may be hope after all. I have just been looking in the archives re:shared ownership, there's just so much information....my brains buzzing. Looks like i'll have to find a mortgage broker first, might be a good start, you wouldn't happen to know any sites that give good advice?

Regards

•  Mon, Apr 28 2008, 8:11 PM

Hi...all lenders up to 65, some up to 70 and with proof of income into retirement many above that.
  •  Mon, Apr 28 2008, 7:38 PM

Mortgages for over 50's

Hiya

Just after a bit of advice, would it be possible for someone of 51 years old to obtain a mortgage? currently renting, has a fulltime job, and would have a 10% deposit to pay.

If not, is it possible to for me, her daughter to be a guarantor? Or even for us both to take out a joint mortgage together?

Replies, much appreciated.

Thanks