home
in

Mortgage for temporary contract worker?

Last post Mon, May 09 2011, 1:11 PM by Help_needed_all. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Mon, May 09 2011, 1:11 PM

Re: Mortgage for temporary contract worker?

Hi Andy,

Please advise on above how to get mortgage for temporary contracts.

Regards,
    Vinay

• Post Points: 5
  •  Wed, Nov 15 2006, 4:16 PM

Hi Moose, thanks for posting back, it makes a nice change. All Lenders have different criteria and it's really down to each one. But as I said my site is in my sig and we have a great reputation. Cheers David
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Wed, Nov 15 2006, 4:01 PM

Thanks guys...

I find it strange that you have to wait 3 months - are they waiting to see if you can stick the job out or something? Without wanting to tempt fate, i am confident i will have opportunities to continue in this role but i guess this is difficult to demonstrate to a would-be lender. I could get references, if they require something. Anyway, as i have to wait 2.5 more months, i have time to think about it!

Thanks again,
    Moose
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Wed, Nov 15 2006, 3:07 PM

Agree with Andy, but affordability is the most important factor here. You need to be virtually 100% certain of getting a longer term contract after this one works out. As payment protection would most likely not cover you on ceasation of current contract.
    My site is in my sig.

Cheers David
  •  Wed, Nov 15 2006, 2:25 PM

Hi moose

Yes there are lenders who will allow this
    You need to have been working on the contract for 3 months and the contract needs to be for 12 months so in principle this works

If you need further details email my username

Regards

Andy
    • Post Points: 35
  •  Wed, Nov 15 2006, 11:31 AM

Mortgage for temporary contract worker?

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to consider my question.

I am currently on a 1 year contract as an academic researcher. Will i be able to get a mortgage (all other things being fine)? I have money for a deposit and good prospects in terms of moving to a longer contract after this one.

I've had a look on the net and in this forum but not got a clear answer about this so any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Moose