home
in

Money not taken from my credit card for a purchase over one year ago

Last post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 1:48 PM by maxsteam. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Wed, Jul 16 2014, 1:48 PM

Re: Money not taken from my credit card for a purchase over one year ago

JovannySmith:

criminal charges

Surely it would be civil action and not criminal action?

Yes, SurferSteve, you do have to pay for the item but, as things got mixed up at the other end through no fault of yours, it would not be unreasonable to ask to pay in installments without any interest or penalties being added Even if you can only afford £5 per month, I would expect the company would accept that in the circumstances. It is important that you make contact and agree any such arrangement as otherwise the matter will be passed to debt collectors and ultimately to a court and this could significantly increase the costs for you.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Wed, Jul 16 2014, 12:19 PM

You never know what could happen. It is best for you to make the payment. The company can even level criminal charges against you if you fail to pay them the amount.
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Thu, May 08 2014, 9:30 AM

Yes you have to pay or risk them issuing a court claim against you, which you would lose.

Try to find the money and enjoy the fact that they have let you have the product for a year without paying. If you cannot pay in full, ask to pay say half now and half in a months time.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Wed, May 07 2014, 9:32 PM

Money not taken from my credit card for a purchase over one year ago

I placed an order with a company on 4 March 2013 for an item that was delivered to me and I had no issues with.

I was contacted by the company on 24 Apr 2014 and they told me they did not debit my Mastercard for the transaction. I did not notice that this payment had not debit my card.

The company are now asking for payment even though the transaction took place over a year ago. At the time I could have easily paid for this item, but if I have to pay for the item now I am seriously going to struggle.

Could anyone please advise me if I have to pay for this item or any recommendations you may have regarding this. I have no idea where I legally stand regarding this.

Thanks
    • Post Points: 35