home
in

Mobile phone insurance

Last post Wed, Sep 29 2010, 1:46 PM by wendytodd78. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Wed, Sep 29 2010, 1:46 PM

Re: Mobile phone insurance

Hiya, thanks to you guys on here, i have just hopefully managed to get 2 years worth of insurance back from Alianz Insurance!! All they wanted was a copy of my final bill from the mobile phone contract, which i have just faxed them, and they will send me a refund via the post. Give them a call, they are actually one of the good ones out there :-)
    • Post Points: 35
  •  Tue, Aug 04 2009, 1:40 PM

The mobile phone contract and insurance contract are different contracys and when you cancel the mbile phone one it doesn't automatically cancel the insurance....unfortunately it is your responsibility.
    • Post Points: 50
  •  Tue, Aug 04 2009, 12:39 PM

Hi Banton

I've just discovered a similar DD on our bank account which is for a phone from 2001! Have you had any luck getting any money back? I am getting batted back and forth between Dial A Phone and Allianz at the moment - I'm 2 weeks away from having our first baby so Im not going to waste my energy if it's a hopeless cause! Thanks in advance

•  Thu, Jul 02 2009, 7:54 PM

Hi

Unfortunately as Allianz have provided the Insurance cover in good faith, continuing in line with the original documents issued, you don't have any right to a backdated cancellation refund.

What you could do is write to the Allianz office that deals with the Insurance, with any proof of the phone being cancelled after 12 months. This is the Allianz phone number noted on Dialaphone site.

Allianz Insurance Schemes: 0844 391 4036.

Give them a phone call to sound them out, find the address to write to. My experience is that some Insurers did provide backdated refunds when evidence was received that cover was not required, but I know Insurers are no longer as agreeable.

Huckster

• Post Points: 35
  •  Thu, Jul 02 2009, 7:16 PM

Hi,

I have today discovered I have been paying Allianz insurance £5.99 (by direct debit) since July 2003 for insurance on a mobile phone I had for 12 months (through dialaphone).

Any advice on how to reclaim this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

•  Thu, Jun 11 2009, 6:26 PM

Well I think maybe things could be improved the insurance company are willing to recompesate my to the date of the termination of my contract.
  •  Wed, Jun 10 2009, 8:02 PM

Mobile phone insurance

I was going through my bank statements recently when I came across a direct debit for the sum of £4.99

I phoned my bank and asked what this direct debit was they replied it had been going from the year 2000 and gave me the policy number and phone number of the insurers, when I phoned I was shocked to discover it was for a mobile phone that I had taken out with Dial a phone back in 2000 on I believe 12 month contract on behalf of my son, it has now materialised that the policy I thought was maybe pet insurance was for a mobile phone from nearly 9 years ago, when I spoke to the girl on the phone at the insurance company she told me it was my responsibility to cancel this where as I thought that like the phone this should have also been 12 month contract can anyone enlighten me as to where I stand in this fiasco please!!!!