home
in

Missold PPI claims over 6 years old and offers for compensation

Last post Fri, Apr 27 2012, 9:33 PM by maxsteam. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Apr 27 2012, 9:33 PM

Re: Missold PPI claims over 6 years old and offers for compensation

As it's over 6 years old, that claim will probably be statute barred and so you wouldn't be able to enforce your claim in court. If you are accepting less than the full amount for the other claim, you might suggest that the amount is increased and you agree that both claims are settled, other than that, it unlikely to be worth taking things further with the old claim in my view.
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Fri, Apr 27 2012, 4:11 PM

Missold PPI claims over 6 years old and offers for compensation

Hello,

This is my first post so please bear with me!

I made a missold PPI claim on two loans with HSBC, one finished on the 14/1/05 and the other 18/1/05.

They have found one claim in my favour and made an offer on the loan that finished on the 14th which I am happy with.

They say they hold no details on the one paid off on the 18th (whereas they had the details of the other one) as it has been over 6 years since the account closed and are therefore unable to make any offer.

Is this something worth pursuing and trying to obtain compensation as they had the details and made an offer on the older loan, or should I just accept they no longer have them and leave it at that?

Any advice would be great appreciated,

Many thanks

• Post Points: 20