home
in

Mis-sold broadband by Talktalk

Last post Thu, May 13 2010, 8:12 PM by skeffto. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Thu, May 13 2010, 8:12 PM

Re: Mis-sold broadband by Talktalk

Thanks fnarrr (love your username BTW!).

I came across the Talktalk forums just after finding this one. Have posted my issue and someone from Talktalk seems to have picked up on it. I'm not holding my breath for it to be sorted though!

• Post Points: 5
  •  Thu, May 13 2010, 7:04 PM

Register here - http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/ , support really quite good as opposed to Talktalk's terrible phone support.

They should be able to retrieve any phone calls that relate to your query and sort you out reasonably quickly.

Staff only work mostly 8 - 5 Mon-Fri but will get to you eventually.

• Post Points: 20
  •  Thu, May 13 2010, 6:29 PM

Thanks Twee, I hadn't thought of Ofcom as a way to go. Will definitely get in touch with them if Talktalk can't sort out my problem for me.
  •  Thu, May 13 2010, 4:23 PM

If this rep offered you free broadband - and you are not getting it - then this is blatant misselling - I suggest that you get on to Ofcom http://www.ofcom.org.uk/ to ask them for advice

http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/free-broadband.html

•  Thu, May 13 2010, 3:12 PM

Mis-sold broadband by Talktalk

Hi

I moved over to Talktalk in Feb this year after signing up with a sales rep in a supermarket, who told me I could get a better deal than with my old provider and that I qualified for free broadband in my area.

When talking to someone different on the phone a couple of weeks later to arrange my new account, I was told that my monthly charge would be much higher than the sales rep's quote, because I didn't get free broadband in my area.

I said that if that's the case, I don't want to move to Talktalk as it would cost much more than with my old provider but the next person I was transferred to said that there had been several cases of people being mis-sold by the 'field' sales reps and that Talktalk would honour my original quote.

This seemed OK and I agreed to stay with Talktalk when I was promised they would credit my account by £15 each month so that I paid what I was originally quoted.

However, every month since I moved to Talktalk, I've been emailed a bill that still includes the £15 broadband fee. Each month I've had to ring up about it, in order to get the £15 credited back to my bill before it comes out of my bank.

In April, I didn't manage to get in touch before the money was taken from my bank so I'm £15 out of pocket. I rang on the 10th May to explain the issue and was told it would be sorted out but it hasn't been and I've been charged £15 for broadband again in my May bill too.

I phoned Talktalk today (13th May) and spoke to someone who was very rude and abrupt with me, telling me repeatedly that I had to pay for broadband, despite my explanation of why I didn't have to pay for broadband. I asked to be transferred to someone else since she said she wasn't able to help me but she refused to transfer me, saying that her department was the only one I could talk to and that she was responsible for complaints too.

I really hope you can help me as I'm finding it a real strain coping with Talktalk. I suffer from depression and have to psyche myself up for each phone call to them, knowing that they'll try to fob me off and be rude to me. The situation is really getting me down. Is there anything I can do to get this problem resolved?