home
in

Lowell portfolio 1 ltd

Last post Tue, Feb 18 2014, 2:54 PM by huckster. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Tue, Feb 18 2014, 2:54 PM

Re: Lowell portfolio 1 ltd

If you have received the court claim, you will need to acknowledge it within the time allowed and advise that you will be defending in full. You then have a further 14 days to submit your defence. You can do this all online. If you don't do this, you will end up with a default CCJ.

You should send BW Legal a CPR 31.14 letter asking them to disclose information regarding the debt. Send by recorded delivery.

ww.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/DCA:_Using_CPR_31.14_to_Your_Advantage

You might as well defend the claim in full now and hold them to strict proof that you owe a debt for the amount claimed.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, Feb 18 2014, 1:25 PM

Lowell portfolio 1 ltd

Hi I received a letter from BW Legal acting on behalf of Lowell portfolio 1 ltd threatening me with court if I did not pay a debt of £368 within 14 days they say I owed Hutchison 3g uk ltd.

I emailed BW Legal on 27th January 2014 telling them I was unaware of such debt and asked for proof of it ,i,e I asked for the original contract and bills including information as to dates and location the contract was taken and when final payment made and until such proof is received I dispute the debt.

Then with no further communication I received a county court summons dated 7th February 2014 for the debt even though I have informed there solicitor that I disputed the debt.

I have sent a complaint to the office of fair trading as I am aware they cannot continue chasing for the debt until the dispute is resolved and proof given.

How do I stand legally now in court as they still have not given me any information on the debt even though I have asked repeatedly via email and recorded letter, as I have no way of any form of defence against a debt I have no knowledge or information on.

• Post Points: 20