home
in

Judgement and Default for debt not paid after 6 years - What next?

Last post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 4:11 PM by Big Jasey. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (18 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Thu, Jan 17 2008, 4:11 PM

Re: Judgement and Default for debt not paid after 6 years - What next?

no problem tonyjgardner82. give me a shout if you want me to carry on. :)
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Thu, Jan 17 2008, 1:48 PM

yeah it doesn't cost much to get it done. it's worth doing. thanks for your help.
  •  Thu, Jan 17 2008, 1:42 PM

Many thanks for the number,

Well, here's hoping you get your mortgage when you need it and well done for doing a search on yourself before you applied for credit!

I really wish others would do the same. Many apply and apply and gain lots of tiny footprints on their score and wonder why they are refused!

Good luck!

• Post Points: 20
  •  Thu, Jan 17 2008, 1:34 PM

yeah i asked the guy if they could put another default on, he didn't say they could not do it, he said he has never seen it himself and companies don't normally put any more on. He then said 'I will go as far as to say no, you will not get another default for the same debt' Their number is 0870 241 6212
    • Post Points: 35
  •  Thu, Jan 17 2008, 1:08 PM

Can you post the telephone number for Experian please!
  •  Thu, Jan 17 2008, 1:04 PM

I never said they can put on an old default. I said they can put more (new) on!

All these questions(if I have not already answered!) can be found quite easily on the web if you do a google search.

•  Thu, Jan 17 2008, 12:53 PM

hmmm, I just spoke to Experian. The guy said that the CCJ and the default will be off my record when the 6 years are up. He said the CCJ can't be put back on there, and he has never seen a default been put back on a file after 6 years.

Therefore, I don't see any point in paying if it's not affecting my credit rating.

Thanks for your help Big, and your sarcastic comment Big Jasey.

•  Thu, Jan 17 2008, 12:44 PM

no
  •  Thu, Jan 17 2008, 12:30 PM

Well my score was what was expected - pretty crap. But saying that, an estate agent done a credit check on me the other day for a new rental property, and he said it was above average..

Anyway, the removal of the CCJ.. Can I get it removed even though I haven't settled the debt?

•  Thu, Jan 17 2008, 12:18 PM

Sorry, did not want to confuse you. UP to 7 years (one year after the 6th!) depending on how quickly it is done.

Now that you have your score are there any surprises? are you happy with your score?

• Post Points: 26
  •  Thu, Jan 17 2008, 12:16 PM

also if you are on the electorial role, the bailiffs may catch you and take your goods off you, which may help if your moving (reduce your moving costs)
  •  Thu, Jan 17 2008, 12:14 PM

Are you saying it could take another 7 years to remove the CCJ from my credit file?

I'm reading Experians leaflet which came from my credit report and it says that CCJ's are kept on their records for 6 years.

•  Thu, Jan 17 2008, 12:07 PM

tonyjgardner82:

The debt was passed to a debt collection agency in 2004, but the default is still 2002..

So as long as the debt is not paid, they could issue more default notices.. Even though one has already been issued, and the debt is from several years ago? YES I take it they have to tell me about this before they do it? NO

So the CCJ will not show on my credit file once the 6 years are up? Even if I don't pay? YOU WILL NEED TO ASK TO GET IT REMOVED. IT CAN TAKE UP TO 7 YEARS.

Once the 6 years are up and the CCJ and default are removed from my credit file, can they still affect my credit rating? YES, THEY CAN PUT MORE DEFAULTS ON, ON A MONTHLY BASIS

I want to get a mortgage this year so don't want these taken into account.. CCJ AND DEFAULTS WILL GO AGAINST YOU IF YOU APPLY FOR A MORTGAGE

Cheers

• Post Points: 35
  •  Thu, Jan 17 2008, 12:01 PM

The debt was passed to a debt collection agency in 2004, but the default is still 2002..

So as long as the debt is not paid, they could issue more default notices.. Even though one has already been issued, and the debt is from several years ago? I take it they have to tell me about this before they do it?

So the CCJ will not show on my credit file once the 6 years are up? Even if I don't pay?

Once the 6 years are up and the CCJ and default are removed from my credit file, can they still affect my credit rating?

I want to get a mortgage this year so don't want these taken into account..

Cheers

•  Thu, Jan 17 2008, 11:47 AM

tonyjgardner82:

Hi,

My questions are;

Can the creditor still chase me for payment after the 6 years has passed? Yes

What sort of enforcements can they use to collect the debt? They could hound you with calls

Can the default/judgement be extended or re-issued so they remain on my credit file? If the original lender sells the debt onto a deby recovery company, they may not stop hounding you until you pay up. - CCJ's ( although can be removed from your file after 6 years) dont expire and a debt company could be putting "default" notices on your credit reference every month so the 6 (or 7 years) may only start if you pay up.

THE LIMITATION ACT CANNOT BE USED IF THERE IS A COUNTY COURY JUDGEMENT

Page 1 of 2 (18 items)   1 2 Next >