home
in

Joint Account

Last post Wed, May 23 2012, 11:10 AM by maxsteam. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Wed, May 23 2012, 11:10 AM

Re: Joint Account

Splitting up is always a nightmare. I'd say go for a joint account otherwise some days it'll seem like just one of you is paying the bills. There may be times when one wage stops but if you can't agree a joint bank account, then the relationship would not get through such a circumstance.
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, May 22 2012, 7:39 PM

Joint Account

Hi all,
    Me and my girlfriend are taking the plunge and have just got accepted to renting a property. Due to my past discrepancies with money and the fact i used to find it hard to hold on to money we agreed to open a bank account so every payday we both put money into it and all the bills and rent comes out of there. We both get paid on the 25th of every month and the rent is bang in the middle of the month so its a sure fire way of not getting caught short. However the problem is we are unsure of weather getting the account in both of our names or just one. The main problem with having it in just one name is that all the bills have to be in the account holders name. I suggested a joint account however my girlfriend thought it would be a bad idea, because if we ever split up it would be a logistical nightmare to sort. What do you all think would be the best way to go forward
    Thanks in advance
    • Post Points: 20