home
in

ISA transfer rules

Last post Sun, Apr 01 2012, 7:40 PM by maxsteam. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Sun, Apr 01 2012, 7:40 PM

Re: ISA transfer rules

The ISA rules are such that you are allowed to transfer an ISA at any time. However, not all ISAs accept transfers in and those that do often have conditions.

One way to consolidate your ISAs into a single fixed term ISA is to leave them on the low rate that kicks in at the end of the term or transfer them to an "easy access" ISA until the time comes when you transfer them all together into one fixed rate ISA.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Sun, Apr 01 2012, 5:16 PM

ISA transfer rules

I have just opened a mini cash ISA for the 2011/12 tax year and I will open another one soon after 5th April. I have a current 2 year ISA which will mature in about a months time but I am told by the building society that I can't transfer this to either new ISA unless I transfer it at the point of opening an ISA (Which will only mean delaying opening the new one by a few weeks, so not a problem) I thought, wrongly it seems, that I could transfer a matured ISA at any point in the year in the same way that you can add to a mini cash ISA (until you reach the annual limit)

How else can you tidy up numerous accounts maturing at different times of the year?

(All accounts are with the same Building Society)

• Post Points: 20