home
in

iPhone or BlackBerry?

Last post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 2:13 PM by iphone-user-2012. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (20 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Sun, Feb 12 2012, 2:13 PM

Re: iPhone or BlackBerry?

yes for me an iPhone is the best even it is so expensive. There is a lot of apps. which you can install for free and to use. With these apps you can make free calls to other friends who also has an iPhone or Android phone. But not Blackberry. You can use like: Viber , fring, tango and a lot more to make free calls.You can use Skype on your iPhone and not on your Blackberry. You can call a friend anywhere and for free if he/she has the app on her/his phone. Some of these apps is so good that you can use it also on your computer to call other and vise verse.Friend with an iPhone can call you on your computer for free using the same app.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, May 04 2010, 5:21 PM

Darklight:
    Mark G:

iPhone or BlackBerry?

Answer: Neither. Android is where it's at.

Better than both of the above, not locked into a single handset manufacturer, showing more growth than those two put together, better marketplace, less restrictions, multi-tasking, better hardware (in the case of HTC atleast), free turn-by-turn satnav and much more.

The list of why you should get a HTC (like a Desire or a Legend) over either an iPhone or a Blackberry is pretty much endless.

Android is indeed getting good and as you say htc has some great hardware and it's own interface. Android will probabely become very common as it's open source and loads of the work has already been done. It's not as flash or as polished as the iphone, but style is not everything, plus the free turn by turn gps is now (offically) out in the UK.

Totally agree HTC Android is the way to go and the best on the market.

•  Fri, Apr 23 2010, 1:25 PM

Mark G:

iPhone or BlackBerry?

Better than both of the above, not locked into a single handset manufacturer, showing more growth than those two put together, better marketplace, less restrictions, multi-tasking, better hardware (in the case of HTC atleast), free turn-by-turn satnav and much more.

The list of why you should get a HTC (like a Desire or a Legend) over either an iPhone or a Blackberry is pretty much endless.

Android is indeed getting good and as you say htc has some great hardware and it's own interface. Android will probabely become very common as it's open source and loads of the work has already been done. It's not as flash or as polished as the iphone, but style is not everything, plus the free turn by turn gps is now (offically) out in the UK.

• Post Points: 50
  •  Fri, Apr 23 2010, 1:10 PM

iPhone or BlackBerry?

• Post Points: 65
  •  Tue, Apr 20 2010, 5:27 PM

Music Rab:Yer, you got me there. Talking of iPhones, here's another totally cool (also means USELESS!) related gadget. Its called the iYo. This would have been a good April 1 release. Any guesses what it might do? Alright, I'll put you out of your misery... http://bit.ly/aKbqtv

LOL That's brilliant, what a great idea

•  Tue, Apr 20 2010, 3:20 PM

Graeme Delap:...I have an issue with the iPad/couch thing: I could throw the iPad at the telly...but if I'm watching telly on the iPad, how can I throw it at itself?

#fail...

Yer, you got me there. Talking of iPhones, here's another totally cool (also means USELESS!) related gadget. Its called the iYo. This would have been a good April 1 release. Any guesses what it might do? Alright, I'll put you out of your misery... http://bit.ly/aKbqtv

•  Tue, Apr 20 2010, 3:02 PM

Ha! Love it, Darklight.

Music Rab - I have an issue with the iPad/couch thing: I could throw the iPad at the telly...but if I'm watching telly on the iPad, how can I throw it at itself?

#fail...
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Tue, Apr 20 2010, 2:47 PM

Darklight:...

Speaking of the ipad and printing. Theone thing an ipad can't do is print unless you do it this way

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/15/ipad-printing-solved/

Yes, all new iPads should come with a multifunction printer! Very funny. Only problem is you have to use your legs. Criteria #1 for any new gadget:- must be able to use ALL available functionality while lying on sofa.

•  Tue, Apr 20 2010, 2:37 PM

Music Rab:
    Graeme Delap:

True, Music Rab. But the lines are definitely blurring between gadgets: they're all-in-one mini TVs, radios, internet browsers, music players, cameras, video recorders, book readers, movie players...

The subject of bloated gadgetry (if that's a word and I've spelled it correctly) is close to my heart. I'm in the middle of compiling an article on these hardware nightmares. I've started with what I think is a success, albeit a rather dull one - the all-in-one printer... http://wiredbeer.blogspot.com/2010/04/in-praise-of-hardware-series.html

Speaking of the ipad and printing. Theone thing an ipad can't do is print unless you do it this way

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/15/ipad-printing-solved/

•  Tue, Apr 20 2010, 2:27 PM

Graeme Delap:

True, Music Rab. But the lines are definitely blurring between gadgets: they're all-in-one mini TVs, radios, internet browsers, music players, cameras, video recorders, book readers, movie players...

The subject of bloated gadgetry (if that's a word and I've spelled it correctly) is close to my heart. I'm in the middle of compiling an article on these hardware nightmares. I've started with what I think is a success, albeit a rather dull one - the all-in-one printer... http://wiredbeer.blogspot.com/2010/04/in-praise-of-hardware-series.html
  •  Tue, Apr 20 2010, 1:57 PM

Darklight:

Fingers crossed the new phone might mean some great deals over the next two months on the current models so that's one to watch out for as June approaches.

I hope so. I'll definitely hold off until early June when they usually annoucne these things. As you suggest, hopefully we'll see a bit of a pricing battle between the mobile phone providers...
  •  Tue, Apr 20 2010, 1:52 PM

Some day soon, I fully expect to be able to call Singapore while the gadget makes me a cup of coffee, orders me a pizza, records a football match and downloads a film at the same time...

The call quality might well still be rubbish... :)

• Post Points: 20
  •  Tue, Apr 20 2010, 1:51 PM

Music Rab:

"Call quality is much clearer than on the iPhone especially if you need to use the handsfree function."

Thats what annoys me about smartphones and mobiles these days. Call quality is a secondary factor. They're phones for godsakes!

Worth pointing out the new iphone is rumoured to have two microphones instead of one. One for your voice and the other for nosie cancelation that should make calls clearer.

Looking forward to the new iphone and OS as it fixes a number of bugs and annoyances with the iphone compared to some of the competetition. Also the new iphone OS will support bluetooth keyboards so expect these to be thrown out by all sorts of companies looking to get in on the phone sales.

• Post Points: 35
  •  Tue, Apr 20 2010, 1:47 PM

It is interesting, but your've got to remember the phone that gizmodo brought was locked out by apple so it didn't function fully, We've already had a look at some of the stuff coming to the iphone OS4 release that many iphone 3gs users will benefit from (for a price I'll guess), but this and the new phone and the rumoured api referrering to facebook and the new camera all indicate that apple is going to intergrate social media much more closely than before.

This is one of the areas that HTC and andriod users have had better design an UI around for a while.

Add multitasking (the only thing preventing me from buying an iphone for myself) and better app management via folders and the iphone is getting better and better. Just needs a faster mobile connection to take the phone to the next level but we'll have to wait on the mobile providers to catch up with the demand.

I myself am tempted to wait to see how it all play's out but you can end up waiting for ever when you keep looking at the up coming tech.

Fingers crossed the new phone might mean some great deals over the next two months on the current models so that's one to watch out for as June approaches.

•  Tue, Apr 20 2010, 1:35 PM

"Call quality is much clearer than on the iPhone especially if you need to use the handsfree function."

Thats what annoys me about smartphones and mobiles these days. Call quality is a secondary factor. They're phones for godsakes!

Page 1 of 2 (20 items)   1 2 Next >