home
in

investing through website

Last post Tue, Dec 11 2012, 4:12 PM by TRECUT1956. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Tue, Dec 11 2012, 4:12 PM

Re: investing through website

I have to agree with exterminator. The bank is well known in finance circles and it does not have the highest customer service ratings, it is sometimes confused with an operation called Barodan. The Baroda without n situation is not the most robust in the industry and there are historical links with the troubled BCCI operation in the UK which was covered extensively by the news media several years ago.

Check how much of a deposit is guaranteed to be returned as there could be a proviso in the account terms and conditions statement and check the FSA registration and FSCS position regarding compensation cover. If you are satisfied then maybe you could consider depositing a lower amount

• Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, Dec 11 2012, 2:13 PM

but surly they regulate who advertise on there website ??? mayb call trhem myself
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, Dec 11 2012, 2:04 PM

I would certainly look around for an investment in something from a mainstream provider that is considerably more understandable, approachable and possibly user friendly.

Baroda MAX with Bank of Baroda.

At a glance just that above sends shivers down my spine and smacks of scam spam, although it could be quite innocent....but then why even risk it?

• Post Points: 35
  •  Tue, Dec 11 2012, 1:55 PM

its a fixed rate bond over 1 year so no risk but just the thought of doing it online through moneysupermarket, they say all businesses are regulated but u deal direct with company not moneysupermarket, mayb better to take cash direct to a bank lol
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Tue, Dec 11 2012, 1:48 PM

Never invested with them and never will.

The age old saying of, "if in doubt don't" springs to mind. It's not good practice to invest in anything unless you are comfortable and fully aware of all the facts and the risks involved !!

•  Tue, Dec 11 2012, 11:47 AM

investing through website

im looking to invest £85000 in to the Baroda MAX with Bank of Baroda.through moneysupermarket, im nervous about just filling a application form and transfering that amount of money online are these businesses safe and checked by moneysupermarket as they are on there website, if anyone can help me out that would be cool many thanx