home
in

I wish my daughter to drive my car when she visits!

Last post Sun, Apr 22 2012, 4:27 PM by Janebury. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Sun, Apr 22 2012, 4:27 PM

Re: I wish my daughter to drive my car when she visits!

Thank you for your thoughts.

I am actually seriously thinking of her hiring a car.

It would actually be cheaper at those rates!

It seems so unfair when my last insurer simply charged £30 last year.

I should not have changed my insurer!

Thank you,

Janebury

• Post Points: 5
  •  Sat, Apr 21 2012, 9:42 PM

Re: I wish my daughter to drive my car when she visits!

You could enquire with Stuart Collins Brokers and also Herts Insurance Brokers.

It may work out cheaper for you daughter to have a hire car for a few days, to use when she wishes to visit friends on her own.

The issue with your daughter being added to your Insurance, is that she will have got used to driving on the other side of the road , so will be much more likely to have an accident. Do you really want to risk any no claims discount that you have and an increased premium from renewal.

• Post Points: 20
  •  Sat, Apr 21 2012, 4:50 PM

Crying [:'(] I wish my daughter to drive my car when she visits!

My daughter is visiting me in May with her baby girl.

As I am now widowed I am looking forward to this with joy.

Unfortunately my insurer will not cover her to drive my car for the 12 days she is here.

She has a full unblemished British car licence but lives in America at present.

I have tried online, including Moneysupermarket.com and the only insurer I have found who will consider wishes to charge £219 just for those 12 days!

And we shall only be going on visits or little trips, but she will be unable to go to see her friends without me!

Does anyone know of an insurer who would give more realistic cover for 12 days?

Janebury.

• Post Points: 20