home
in

I want to cancel a purchase made on my credit card..what rights do I have?

Last post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 8:20 PM by conmankiller. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Sun, Oct 26 2008, 8:20 PM

Re: I want to cancel a purchase made on my credit card..what rights do I have?

Hi -- Did you pay for this in the shop ? if not........

Under the "distance selling regulations" you have a Seven day cooling off period that gives you the right to cancel an order that has been made for goods that have been purchased at a distance i.e...... over the phone, internet or where there has been no face to face contact.

Simply contact the trader if applicable.. stating you are exercising your legal right under the DSR and you request their agreement that an immediate refund will be made back to your credit card in accordance with the DSR legislation. To cover your own back send a letter to confirm what you have requested, just in case it's disputed as you will be able to use that to enforce a possible future charge-back claim through your card in case they don't comply.

If not then phone them and state you would just like to cancel, you never know.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Sun, Oct 26 2008, 8:07 PM

Re: I want to cancel a purchase made on my credit card..what rights do I have?

I don't think you can cancel the purchase because it's already paid for by the credit card company and i don't think card companies will back track a payment; if it were a store yes but not a card company. sorry pal

• Post Points: 5
  •  Sun, Oct 26 2008, 7:57 PM

I want to cancel a purchase made on my credit card..what rights do I have?

HI. This is my first post on here.
    I purchased an item for £1200 yesterday and before I made the purchase I was told the item would be delivered to me next week as they did not hold any of that particular item in stock. After making the payment I was then told by a different sales person that they could not guarantee delivery next week and it may be the week after which is totally inconvenient for myself. After getting home and doing a google search on the item I realised I was paying a good £100+ over the odds plus the other shops which have the item in stock would have guaranteed a delivery the following business day.
    I was made to believe that I was getting a good deal when they offered me a reduction in the price listed to make a sale. I naively went ahead and made the purchase which I now regret. I made the purchase on a credit card can I just send them an email to cancel and request payment back into my card as I live 130 miles from the shop?
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.
    • Post Points: 35