home
in

I want sky tv but have no landline

Last post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 3:21 PM by ChrisC14. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Tue, Jan 20 2009, 3:21 PM

Re: I want sky tv but have no landline

ill give that a go, thanks for all the help everyone!
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Tue, Jan 20 2009, 3:11 PM

I was going to say, if Sky is adamant you need a landline, it may be worth asking an independent installer instead. Try TV shops, aerial shops and the like, they often do these. You may end up paying a little more for installation but the chances are you won't need a landline.
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Tue, Jan 20 2009, 2:30 PM

Well i thought that, my parents have had it since the 80s and they never needed it even when they went to sky plus and all of my friends too didnt need it!!! I phoned Sky about 18 months ago as we had an offer at work for £5 a month for 12 months, they just said if u dont have one tough luck....the sky website says u must too........i may try asking them again directly see if there is a way around
  •  Tue, Jan 20 2009, 1:40 PM

That's weird because I've had Sky for years and although I have a landline, I never need to connect it and it wasn't a prerequisite when I signed up. Are you asking Sky themselves about connection, or an independent shop who provides Sky installations?
  •  Tue, Jan 20 2009, 12:28 PM

Thats interesting thanks for the reponse, unfortunatley i dont have any broadband at home, would there be any other options....am i right in thinking sky may offer some form of refund for line rental? maybe i should try them?
  •  Tue, Jan 20 2009, 12:14 PM

Assuming you have a broadband, you can get tesco internet phone (pay as you go) with phone adaptor. This you can use to plug inside sky box.
  •  Tue, Jan 20 2009, 10:50 AM

I want sky tv but have no landline

Hello, i live in a council flat and wanted to get sky installed, i know a lot of people with sky that dont have it connected to a bt landline, but sky insist i have one so it means £12 extra a month for somethin i wont use............is there any way around this?

many thanks