home
in

How long do you need to be employed for to get a mortgage?

Last post Fri, Aug 28 2009, 3:06 PM by huckster. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Aug 28 2009, 3:06 PM

Re: How long do you need to be employed for to get a mortgage?

Andrea7:Oh ok great thanks - I'm actually the main applicant so assuming that means so long as I've been employed for 12 months (which I have) then it wont be a problem?

I believe it is always best to ask question to a mortgage advisor before you submit your application. The mortgage advisor can contact the mortgage underwriting team to see if there would be a problem. If you have selected a mortgage company/product, phone their helpline. Most companies prefer these issues to be clarified before, rather than cause uneccesary costs and hassle if the process is stalled later.

Huckster

• Post Points: 5
  •  Fri, Aug 28 2009, 2:59 PM

Oh ok great thanks - I'm actually the main applicant so assuming that means so long as I've been employed for 12 months (which I have) then it wont be a problem?
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Fri, Aug 28 2009, 2:42 PM

Andrea7:

Hi there,

My husband was made redundant 4 months ago but has recently accepted a new job. We are renting at the moment but would like to buy somewhere and I am unclear as to whether or not he will need to be in his new job for a certain period of time before we would be considered for a mortgage? (it would be a joint mortgage with me and I am in full time employment).

Many thanks in advance.

I believe most require main applicant to have been employed for atleast 12 months.

Huckster

•  Fri, Aug 28 2009, 1:04 PM

How long do you need to be employed for to get a mortgage?

Hi there,

My husband was made redundant 4 months ago but has recently accepted a new job. We are renting at the moment but would like to buy somewhere and I am unclear as to whether or not he will need to be in his new job for a certain period of time before we would be considered for a mortgage? (it would be a joint mortgage with me and I am in full time employment).

Many thanks in advance.