home
in

House Deposit Loan

Last post Tue, Sep 12 2006, 12:46 PM by savoire. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Tue, Sep 12 2006, 12:46 PM

Re: House Deposit Loan

Hi there

Just wondered if you have managed to find a loan for a deposit on your house. We have had a mortgage agreed and the house purchase is going through.....but we can't seem to find a loan for a deposit!! Have you any helpful advice?? I earn £60k a year but don't have any credit history, nothing adverse just no credit history. I can't understand why I can't get a loan. Please help??
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Mon, Sep 11 2006, 8:39 AM

Hi Nick67,

This seems very odd.

How can they give you the offer then retract it?

Do you have it in Writing?

Thanks you for warning others about the Nigerian post. These are becoming too common.

Tim
  •  Wed, Sep 06 2006, 7:10 PM

Re: Loan offer at a low interest

Warning Everyone please note this is a Nigerian Money scam do not email this guy...he was easy to spot as he offered £6k at 5% interest and quoted the total repayment as £6300 which is only 2%. I searched his IP address from this email and another one he sent proporting to be a Barrister...tracked back to Nigeria.
  •  Sat, Sep 02 2006, 9:14 AM

Loan offer at a low interest

I can help you out with loan,email me back using this e-mail address, morganlender AT yahoo.com and state the exact amount you need.
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Fri, Sep 01 2006, 4:07 PM

Oh, forgot to mention I have had a couple of CCJ's but all settled.
  •  Fri, Sep 01 2006, 4:02 PM

House Deposit Loan

I currently have a personal loan with Welcome Finance and also finished paying off a £10,000 car loan with them. Both loans have never defaulted and of course the car loan has been completed. I approached them for one of their Home Deposit loans to assist with my first home purchase. They advsied me that I would have no trouble getting one with them and I could have £5000. All we had to do was show them a copy of the mortgage offer and give them the details of our solicitor. They advised that it would be a secured loan and as such we could consolidate our other loan and end up with reduced payments.

We subesequently went house hunting and applied for and obtained a Mortgage for £111,150 on a £117,000 house which was valued at £125,000.

Great we thought...then went back to Welcome finance and said Ok we now have our mortgage in place and have a solicitor allocated can we please apply for the deposit loan....they flatly refused on the basis we already have a loan with them and we are not allowed to have two loans at the same time????

I'm now in a very precarious position of having a house purchase going through with a completion date in a couple of weeks and no deposit... The question is...How can I get a loan for a deposit... I have a poor credit history apart from the two loans with Welcome. I don't own a home yet. I do have a well paid job salried to £30,000

Help....
    • Post Points: 50