home
in

Help with cancelling my 18 month Orange contract.

Last post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 2:05 PM by chapman. 14 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Sun, Oct 25 2009, 2:05 PM

Re: Help with cancelling my 18 month Orange contract.

Hi Gem,

Did you have any luck? I am looking to cancel my orange account, I have Orange Care Insurances, Do you no if this includes if I want to cancel??

Thanks

• Post Points: 5
  •  Thu, Oct 08 2009, 11:42 AM

Hi, you wont be still in the cooling off period if you have used the phone, at all. you can only take advantage of the 14 day cooling off period if your phone and sim are completely unused!

Birty

•  Mon, Oct 05 2009, 12:27 AM

You should still be within the cooling period - check the terms of your contract to be able to cancel this contract.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_world/communications/mobile_phones.htm

Sparky

• Post Points: 20
  •  Fri, Oct 02 2009, 11:54 AM

Hi,

I've just taken out an 24 month contract with Orange, which after 4 days I now want to cancel. I still have 10 days to decide if I want to take out the insurance. Do you know if I do this it will let me cancel it asap?

Thanks

•  Sun, Mar 02 2008, 12:21 AM

Gem, i did that with my phone and had to reduce the line rental and see out the contract. When i went to cancel i kept saying no close the account, in the end because of the loyalty, i signed a 12 month contract with cash back every qtr to cover the line rental. Then sold phone, paid 20 a month, then got it back at the end of the qtr. Felt it made seeing out the contract a bit more worth while. Good luck!
  •  Sat, Mar 01 2008, 10:59 PM

Yeah you would clear over £100 for a w910. You can take the internet off so give orange a quick ring.
  •  Sat, Mar 01 2008, 10:23 PM

The phone I have got is a Sony Ericsson w910i x I may try to sell it now and get a cheap phone.

Another quick question is I added the internet for £5 a month am i tied to that for the whole 18 months. At the beginning of the contract I had 2 months free. I am useless with mobiles x Thank u to anyone who has replied it has been very helpful x

•  Sat, Mar 01 2008, 9:09 PM

Just to follow up on your post Coney. Once you have paid your contract for 3 months you can request a 'change of ownership'. The person you would like to change it to must be there whilst you ring up the networks. They will also need to perform a credit check and have a suitable proof of I.D i.e; Visa, Maestro etc.

If you do find someone who wants to use it you can also just change the bank details (not on the 3 network) to someone else and not have to go through the process of a change of ownership.

•  Sat, Mar 01 2008, 9:05 PM

Hi GEM. There is nothing you can do to get out of your contract cheaply. You can only lower your tariff down after month 9 and you can only lower it down by 1 tariff throughout the duration of the contract. This means you will have 4 more payments of £35 followed by 9 payments of £30. This equals £390. The best payg rates with orange are 15p per minute to any network. You could reduce your minutes from 500/600 to 200 but this would still cost you £30 just for the minutes (15p times by 200 minutes) send just 100 texts and that will cost you another £10. So even if you could get out of your contract with no cost you would still have to barely use your phone otherwise you would still spend more than you would on contract. 200 minutes and 100 texts would cost you £40pm on payg!!!!!!!!

Your best bet is maybe to sell your contract phone and buy a cheap phone to put your sim in. What phone have you got and what condition is it in. Say you made £100 by selling your phone you could then put this towards your orange bill. This would reduce the cost by £10 per month for the next 10 months and you could still use your unlimited texts!!!!

•  Sat, Mar 01 2008, 5:45 PM

The only thing you could do is have you any friends or family who would like the phone and contract? I know you can't swap the names on your contract but whoever wanted it could pay you cash each month?
  •  Sat, Mar 01 2008, 5:32 PM

I can't think of anything I'm afraid. I think your just going to have to do what Shanks said. Just ask Orange to put you on the lowest tariff until your contract runs out.
  •  Sat, Mar 01 2008, 3:58 PM

I actually went into the Orange shop and set up the contract. The contract is a dolphin one.

ANy other suggestions ?

• Post Points: 35
  •  Sat, Mar 01 2008, 3:51 PM

Who did you get the contract through? I was in the same situation as you not long ago and I bought the phone/contract through the Carphone Warehouse. I took out their insurance which allowed me to cancel my contract at anytime! Even if it is only 5 months down the line!
  •  Sat, Mar 01 2008, 7:09 AM

Gem, I expect you won't be able to cancel this without a hefty charge. You'd have to just call orange cancellations and ask what it would be. You might have to reduce the line rental to the cheapest available, prob about £20 and not use the chip, Sorry not alot of help, but without knowing the contract you signed, hard to advise! Good luck
  •  Fri, Feb 29 2008, 10:36 PM

Crying [:'(] Help with cancelling my 18 month Orange contract.

I need help ! i need to cancel my Orange 18 month contract as I am in the process of buying a house and need to reduce my outgoings. Pay as you go is going to be the best option for me now but can I cancel my contract if I ve only had it for 5 months. Please help me ?

• Post Points: 65