home
in

Help! we buy any car

Last post Fri, Jul 04 2014, 11:58 AM by Robertwxtj. 51 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (52 items)   1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Jul 04 2014, 11:58 AM

Re: HELP! we buy any car

Yes webuyanycar were purchased some time ago by BCA (British car auctions), I would be quite surprised however if you can simply contact them and ask for your car back? Or do you mean you could bid on the car again and buy it back?

The later could prove quite an expensive experience and would certainly show you why it is important to do your homework when selling a car in this manner... If you were unlucky enough not to buy your car back at the auction and it was sold to a dealer, that dealer was always prepared to pay the price they paid for the car, so if you had found them yourself by phoning around or using a comparison site like dealerbid you would have been the difference better off!

It still amazes me how many negative comments the likes of webuyanycar receive but you have to remember you have asked them to make an offer for your car. You dont have to accept it. They are running a business at the end of the day and if you cant be bothered to put the legwork in and compare different trade offers or sell privately its you as the sellers fault if you decide to accept an offer only to later find out you could have received more.

The only thing I will side with however is the bad press about altering prices. Unless you have very much tried to hide the real condition of your car wether it be mechanically or physically then the price offered should be honoured. We as motors dealers buy cars all the time unseen. There is a trade site called autotrademail that is pretty much the same as dealerbid but for trade only and it probably has 200,000 + cars go through it each year. If we were to alter prices we have given unseen everytime the system simply wouldnt work. As long as you have been honest about any description and one of these companies or a dealer for that matter tries to change their offer... my advice, walk away.

The motor trade has been tarnished over the years with a bad name and companies acting like this do it no favours, that kind of business ethic to me is simply not the way things should be done.

lesleywan:I also found out this company is owned by the BCA and you can get your car back from BCA if you have second thoughts.

• Post Points: 5
  •  Sun, Jun 08 2014, 9:18 PM

I also found out this company is owned by the BCA and you can get your car back from BCA if you have second thoughts.
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Sun, Jun 08 2014, 9:16 PM

First and foremost I will say the company is great if you just a desperate for moneybpr are really lazy to go do some hard work yourself and get more money for your car.

First incident my uncle went to trade his seat leon fr in 2013 reg, he said he was going on holiday and justvwanted the money consodering when he bought the car it was a impulse buy. Hes 80 and wanted to splash some of his money, the car had around 10000 miles second owner he probably did around 500 miles. He could have got 10k plus for his car any day. Webuyanycar offered him 6k. I was digusted they would rip off someone and then justify it by saying they had to go around the panels and check everything. In their favour though my uncle should have spoken to me first, anyways I spoke to the guy in branch and he said he is just doing his job in the Birmingham branch. Disappointed.

Second incident! I was digusted and shocked by this that this sort of behavipur still exists in this country, a young chap born and bred in nigeria moved here 2 years ago used to work in tescos with me, he wanted a change of career and decided to work for webuyanycar in the london branches. It turns out that most the branches have caucasian workers just like my wife as he explained, I have no problem with anyone from any race or gender. However I was infuriated when I heard the workers found it funny to be telling him to go back to his own country. And also making fun of his Nigerian accent refering to the TV show fonejacker. He left without a say, even though I told him to take it further to the authorities and maybe he could get some money out of the company, instead he said "I do not care for the company I joined webuyanycar because I thought they were professional, I have to care for my pride and my family thats it" and left. Even though now he is claiming benefits because of leaving the company. In my opinion id rather go private if I was desperate think I'll take my solicitor and selly car just in case of a ripping off or a racial remark. Justvto say ibwas born here in the UK and I live this country but these kinds of people ruin it for us.
  •  Wed, Apr 16 2014, 1:16 AM

Ooops, sorry. I've just replied to a 2008 post and bumped some worthless spam about JamJars up the list. Apologies.
  •  Wed, Apr 16 2014, 1:07 AM

Re: Help! we buy any car

matt 1980:

I'm selling my vauxhall vectra and due to personal problems need a quick sale, been offered a price from the above company of £6075,

My advice is to put the vehicle in autotrader.co.uk at £6200. I expect that, if you do this, your phone will be buzzing when the advert is published and you'll get the quick sale that you want.

I do not know the age or condition of your car but I'd expect that, if you've been offered £6075 from one of these companies, you could advertise at £7000 and, taking your time about selling, could settle for £6500.

You do need to get some ideas about how you would like to complete the transaction. Swapping registration documents plus car keys for cash in a bank's premises can sometimes work.

•  Tue, Apr 15 2014, 8:40 PM

or sellyourjamjar.co.uk I mean.
  •  Tue, Apr 15 2014, 8:39 PM

Hi bluegreen82. I can't say I've heard of them but you're welcome to try and see how much your car would be valued at www.sellyourjamjar.co.uk - who set up 15 years ago and were the first online car buying service to be set up in the UK before all the others followed. Thanks
  •  Thu, Apr 10 2014, 3:16 PM

Has anyone here tried using BidUpAuto? Looks like a similar concept to dealerbid but there's no charge to list your car and when I checked the price against what webuyanycar offers it was lot better (althought it's only an estimate to be fair). Website just still looks quite new and can't see who else has used it yet - any good/bad experiences with it?
  •  Thu, Apr 03 2014, 4:02 PM

This is exactly right, it all depends on what the buyer intends to do with the car. Now obviously a private buyer is going to be buying to appreciate the car, a dealer is going to be buying to sell to a private buyer and a car buying company is going to be buying to sell to a car dealer who is then going to sell to a private buyer.... can you see the different buying levels?

1. Private buyer - all your profit
    2. Dealer who will then sell to a private buyer - dealer profits
    3. Car buying website who will sell to a dealer who will then sell to a private buyer - car buying company profits and the dealer profits

Quite simply if you can afford to wait and you have time in your favour then selling privately should return the best price but if you need to sell quickly for whatever reason you may have no alternative than to use a company that will buy with minimum fuss. Nothing comes for free as they say and the price for selling quickly with no hassle can be an expensive one.

This is why you should at the very least compare dealer prices using a site like dealerbid and then consider if it is worth maybe spending one last week advertising your car privately slightly above the best dealer price you can get.

A car buying company would be my last port of call but if you heed my advice above you shouldn't need to go this route.

good shoes are nice:Yes typically, you'll always get more when you sell privately, in comparison to a company that buy cars. Mainly, because the company will have to re-sell the car at a car auction and make some type of profit. That being said, all companies that buy cars isn't equal by any means, as many companies do different things in terms of how they can turn the car into a profit. Junk, Auction, etc. Best,

•  Thu, Mar 27 2014, 6:01 PM

Yes typically, you'll always get more when you sell privately, in comparison to a company that buy cars. Mainly, because the company will have to re-sell the car at a car auction and make some type of profit.

That being said, all companies that buy cars isn't equal by any means, as many companies do different things in terms of how they can turn the car into a profit. Junk, Auction, etc.

Best,
    • Post Points: 50
  •  Fri, Mar 21 2014, 3:52 PM

I completely agree. I have this all the time, people comparing their cars to what they've seen on autotrader for a private sale and then get disgruntled when they're offered less. That's business.

Generally speaking I agree with your three price levels you state above. I have seen one car buying company though that claims they don't buy to sell at auction. trustedcarbuyers.com say they cut the middleman further down the chain putting cars into trade and retail directly. But whether they offer more money than anyone else I'm not too sure.

All the car buying companies I think run a similar game.

•  Fri, Jan 31 2014, 5:42 PM

At the end of the day webuyanycar is a business just like any other. I run a medium sized car dealership and if we were to pay retail money for cars we would have no business this is just simple economics.

I think one of the reasons we buy any car's business model is given such a hard time is the fact they buy the cars to auction on (in fact they have recently agreed a deal with British car auctions).

Now obviously the buyers at these auctions are mostly going to be dealers like myself buy bidding on and buying the cars to retail onto the public. With the massive increase on so social media and sites like dealerbid.co.uk it's easy for sellers to find us dealers direct, they then see the difference between what we can possibly offer (auction price) and what they have been offered by the car buying companies (lower than auction price). In a way these type of sites have created a new price level (car buying pre trade price) giving three levels now...

Car buying company (pre trade or auction)
    Trade (dealer or auction price)
    Retail (private sale)

The gap has always been there between trade and retail but buyers are getting wise to going direct to us dealers now rather than take the car buying companies prices... Cutting out the middleman as such.

We buy lots of vehicles from other dealers, auction and the dealerbid website and I believe we pay sensible money but we often get out bid so it just shows you have to shop about and use all the tools and info that is now readily available.
  •  Thu, Jan 30 2014, 12:47 PM

A lot of people knock We Buy Any Car on here and if you are expecting a price for your car remotely comparable to what you would get on Autotrader after a valet and some lovely pictures, you would be right to moan because the price will be in another league. To be fair to WBAC their only real claim is that you CAN get more from them than you would if part exchanging your car at a dealer.
    As Dealers offer a wide variety of rates depending on what stock they need, or don't need, to get rid of it's a claim that's hard to disprove.
    Remember though that part exchange rates represent the lowest price you are likely to get for your car so they don't have much to beat.
    I never know why people take part exchange but I guess a lot hate all the hassle of selling and just want that part to be over. Part exchange prices and WBAC prices just trade on the all pervasive apathy of a public who increasingly can't even be bothered to go to the shops anymore.
    If you want a reasonable price with the least hassle/haggle and cost, some nice photo's and Ebay
    less cost but slightly more "wheeler dealering" aforementioned photo's and Gumtree
    More cost but higher likely price to compensate Exchange and Mart or AutoTrader.
    and of course if it's a really common popular first time buyers type car in the window of your local co-op or peice of paper in the rear side window. ( remember an overly zealous "Bobby" can book you for driving with an overly large For Sale sign in any other window )
    with all of these though you have to wait. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .and. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . wait. . . . . . . . . . .
    we aren't so good at that any more.

I blame Sunday opening and Mobile Phones
  •  Thu, Jan 23 2014, 4:23 PM

matt 1980:

I'm selling my vauxhall vectra and due to personal problems need a quick sale, been offered a price from the above company of £6075, could anyone advise me if there a genuine company? or has anyone had any dealing with them?

Apparently i would have to take the vehicle to car craft to be checked over before funds are transferred into my bank account.

Any help would be great

If I'm not mistaken, you're still referring to Webuyanycar.com correct? If so, yeah there certainly reputable, however most companies that buy cars usually will not give there customers/clients a top dollar offer, as usually they have to re-sell these cars at a car auction and make a profit.

I know because i provide marketing services to many of these companies. That being said, when you do choose to sell to a cash for cars company, you can always look the company up on the BBB.com website. That will certainly help you stay away from companies that's just not fair. As for WBAC I think they offer decent offers to their clients, and each offer is no-obligation. Another quality company would be CarIntoMoolah.com, I know they actually allow there clients/customers to get multiple offers from different companies - good for comparing offers.

Ultimately, you may get better offers if you place your vehicle on a classified site, although it could takes weeks or a few months to sell it. Depending on your asking price.

OK thanks hope this helps,

Janet

•  Wed, Oct 16 2013, 2:47 PM

If you do any research on the net you will see that they are well known for reducing their price when you go to drop it off. I have just experienced it first hand. Traveled to Peterborough to drop my Civic off and they tried to tell me it had been painted.. even though the guy said it had been done well and you would never know!

Try selling privately or use a comparison website to get offers like dealerbid.co.uk

Page 1 of 4 (52 items)   1 2 3 4 Next >