home
in

HBOS Corporate Bond Fund

Last post Fri, Jan 26 2007, 8:05 PM by robertex. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Jan 26 2007, 8:05 PM

Re: HBOS Corporate Bond Fund

ty for advice. I did take it out for low risk, and it was long term at the time, i believe the price of the bonds has dropped now, so i may hang on
    • Post Points: 5
  •  Fri, Jan 26 2007, 5:38 PM

Re: HBOS Corporate Bond Fund

Dumbo - only kidding!

Corporate bonds were a sound investment when the stock market was out of favour and falling (tho' some with a long term outlook might see that as a buying opportunity). Depends on your view of risk. The view with corp bonds is that they should be a bit less volatile & risky than shares and in consequence the returns you should expect would be lower. The reality is that bonds come in all shapes & sizes and some are riskier than others.

If it were me & I was investing for the long term (>5 years) and there was no penalty for switching to equity (stocks & shares) funds that may be available (with no initial charges) with HBoS I'd be very tempted to move out of corporate bonds. If you are investing for the shorter term (say you needed the funds in the next year or 2) you might want to leave as is. Again it depends on YOUR view of risk vs return.
    • Post Points: 20
  •  Tue, Jan 16 2007, 12:05 PM

HBOS Corporate Bond Fund

Am i doing right to hold on to this investment, or am i being a dumbo?
    • Post Points: 20